Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Chevy Pickup - A Detail Freak's Dream Truck!

Alyn, that may explain why I couldn't find any reference pics with the master cylinder on the firewall, now to see if I can get it under the cab somewhere....

Mike, I tried getting the tie rod installed in front of the axle, but the drag link wouldn't quite meet the tie rod, and the tie rod itself was buried in the axle's I-beam. I'll tinker with it some and see if I can't stretch a few pieces out to make it fit, it really looks strange without some way of steering! I also just noticed I don't have any shocks up front, gotta find a pair because they weren't in the bag I bought the kit in apparently!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this one is finished. I never got the tie rod on, didn't finish the brakes, but I'm calling it done anyway. A few things have popped up lately that have taken my attention away from building, and I've got too many stalled projects waiting, so I just cleaned her up, too some pics, and will post 'em over in the Under Glass section in a few. thanks for following along, and click on the link below to see the finished product!

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68522

50ChevyPU410-vi.jpg

Edited by Custom Mike

Chris, I used real leather, I killed my arm thinning it so it would work too! I used some on a Revell Chopper kit years ago, had some left over, and decided to try it again. Nothing looks more like leather than the real thing, right?

BTW, I went back and painted the windshield wipers, ripped the side mirrors off, and painted 'em body color, I'll update it over in the Under Glass section after they dry and I can redo the mirrors with some foil!

Edited by Custom Mike