Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

This just came today.

An AMT 1964 Pontiac Grand Prix.

I already had one that's a little rougher, but I just had to pull the trigger on this one when I saw the condition it was in.

The other grille half is there, it just fell through & I'll fish it out when I dis-assemble.

photo DSCN5310_zpshasp7rmz.jpg photo DSCN5311_zpst2icjudx.jpg photo DSCN5312_zpsh6vg633f.jpg

It took me all of about three seconds to decide on a color for this build when I came across this photo! :wub:

Steve

photo an1112-139518_1_zpskzqst80x.jpg

This just came today.

An AMT 1964 Pontiac Grand Prix.

I already had one that's a little rougher, but I just had to pull the trigger on this one when I saw the condition it was in.

The other grille half is there, it just fell through & I'll fish it out when I dis-assemble.

It took me all of about three seconds to decide on a color for this build when I came across this photo! :wub:

Steve

photo an1112-139518_1_zpskzqst80x.jpg

Oh YEAH!!!! Great color choice

Hobby Lobby in Anderson, SC - the MPC "Fuzz Duster" '80 Volare and '60 Corvette 7-way kit. With 40% off coupon, of course!

It looks like HL has done a reset. Neither kit was on the shelves the last time I visited, a couple of weeks ago.  Also new (to me) on the shelves: MPC 69 Barracuda; MPC "Deserter" GMC pick-up; MPC '70 Bonneville; AMT Der Beetle Bus; LINDBERG '67 442 in a new box; REVELL 57 Ford Gasser. And most likely a few others I forgot.

During the last HL clearance, the Barris Surf Woody was knocked down to $13.19. I bought the last one I saw at that price. Today one SW was back on the shelf, but at the regular price of $29.99, IIRC.  All the new kits seemed to be $29.99.

Michael's - no new kits but they were selling Ott Lites at a big discount.  They also let me apply a 50% coupon to the sale price.  The Ott Lite I bought was originally priced at over $60.  Got it for $21.00. Woo-hoo!

Ollie's - the big scale model sale is down to seeds and stems. Only saw a few SSR and LINDBERG Crown Vic kits and a few other cars. Still had plenty of the LINDBERG aircraft, SdKfz 222 and tuna-boat kits, though.

Nice, Steve, real nice. Did anyone ever do a '66 Grand Prix?

No Kevin.

Not in plastic anyway.

AMT did all of the big Pontiacs up until 1966 when MPC took over.

AMT did the '64 & '65 Grand Prix, but when MPC took over, the Grand Prix went away.

Until 1969 anyway.

It's too bad because I'm inclined to think that if AMT would have continued on with the Pontiac line, we would have gotten the '66-'68 Grand Prix in kit form as well.

Kits we probably all would have loved to have seen.

Now resin may be a different story.

I know Modelhaus at least did a '67 Grand Prix.

Steve

From a buddy on facebook. 66 Skylark GS.

I'd love to lay my hands on one of those Skylarks!  Kills me every time I see one of those Modified Stocker kits, seeing how they butchered that tool.  Too bad the 1:1 Skylarks aren't as popular as most of the other midsizers, otherwise maybe it would have been restored like the '65 GTO and the '69 Cobra (Torino), although the '65 GTO is kind of deficient as far as the headlights...

I'd love to lay my hands on one of those Skylarks!  Kills me every time I see one of those Modified Stocker kits, seeing how they butchered that tool.  Too bad the 1:1 Skylarks aren't as popular as most of the other midsizers, otherwise maybe it would have been restored like the '65 GTO and the '69 Cobra (Torino), although the '65 GTO is kind of deficient as far as the headlights...

It's kind of strange to me that we haven't seen more Buick Grand Sport kits.

With the huge muscle car craze over the years in the model kit world, with all of the Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers, GTOs, etc, you'd think we would have seen more than the 2 Grand Sports kitted.

The AMT '66 & the Monogram '70 GSX.

I personally would have loved to see a '68/'69 GS.

My absolute favorite Skylark body style!

Steve

ebay964848.jpg

Hobby Lobby in Anderson, SC - the MPC "Fuzz Duster" '80 Volare and '60 Corvette 7-way kit. With 40% off coupon, of course!

It looks like HL has done a reset. Neither kit was on the shelves the last time I visited, a couple of weeks ago.  Also new (to me) on the shelves: MPC 69 Barracuda; MPC "Deserter" GMC pick-up; MPC '70 Bonneville; AMT Der Beetle Bus; LINDBERG '67 442 in a new box; REVELL 57 Ford Gasser. And most likely a few others I forgot...

Just got one of these. Lusted after it as a kid, never got one. Definitely an emotional box-art-inspired purchase. Haven't even opened the box yet...hope it's a nice kit. :D

MPC-1960-Chevy-Corvette-1:25-bouwpakket.

Stopped at my local HL the other day, seems like they're partway through their "reset" also (fiinally!).  Got the MPC Fuzz Duster Volare (was a toss up between this and the MPC '60 Vette).  About half the ones listed above were on the shelves, but there were a lot of open spaces tagged with upcoming new kits.  Was really itching to get the Revell '30 Ford coupe, but wasn't on the shelves (not sure if they hadn't stocked them yet, or they did but they all got snatched up already).

Hokay...I've got a question. How is that live-axle car supposed to get that retard rear camber? It's impossible in the real world...short of engineering some monkey-motion CV-joint axle ends and housings. There's just no way.

The trick is to only install the top lug nut. Only good for short distances though.

Stopped at my local HL the other day, seems like they're partway through their "reset" also (fiinally!).  Got the MPC Fuzz Duster Volare (was a toss up between this and the MPC '60 Vette).  About half the ones listed above were on the shelves, but there were a lot of open spaces tagged with upcoming new kits.  Was really itching to get the Revell '30 Ford coupe, but wasn't on the shelves (not sure if they hadn't stocked them yet, or they did but they all got snatched up already).

No REVELL '30 Ford coupes at my closest HL, either. I was looking for one myself.  So we're probably safe and they just haven't arrived yet.

Over in the Clearance aisle, this HL still had a couple of the '23 Ford Model T "Nestle" trucks, marked down to $14.39.  Tempting but I already have several. The only other car models in the Clearance aisle were a lonely pair of AMT 1/32 scale Avantis.

What is that? Never seen anything like it, real or model. Looks like a custom '70-72 Chevelle or GTO. Right hand drive--is it an Australian GM A-body of some kind?

Whatever it is, it's pretty cool!

It is a 71-73ish Holden Monaro HQ GTS 350. http://www.thepartsbox.com/store/index.php?page=browse&action=list&group=15&cat=52  Holden i.e. GM of Australia and it is right hand drive, It is the type of car the night rider had stolen and then chased down by Max Rockatansky in the opening sceen of Mad Max. It is prolly closer to a Nova/Chevy II in wheelbase than a GM A body. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj3ncWJS6d4

Thanks for the details, Jake. The frame on the kit chassis is definitely GM A-body. Wheelbase on '68-'72 GM As was 112 inches on 2-doors; Nova was 108 (or at least Camaro was--Nova might have actually been 110, I'd have to look it up). Interesting that GM would have a sub-112" wheelbase A-frame in Australia. Must not have had much back seat legroom!

Hokay...I've got a question. How is that live-axle car supposed to get that retard rear camber? It's impossible in the real world...short of engineering some monkey-motion CV-joint axle ends and housings. There's just no way.

13912757_1335946506423497_7253368096200964184_n.jpg

It's a very poor photograph, all distorted...:rolleyes: 

Edited by DeeCee

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...