Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need reference pictures

MarkJ

Hopefully somebody in here has pictures of Don Gay's A/stock 1962 Pontiac Catalina. I used to see this car run at the Dickinson raceway back when I was a kid. I have always wanted to build a model of this car. I was able to pic up the AMT 62 Pontiac Catalina 421 SD kit at a local model car show. I know I will have to purchase the MCW 62 Pontiac 2 door sedan resin body to do the build. I mostly do Nascar models so I have know idea where to search for vintage drag racing pictures. Maybe you guys know of some sites I could go to , to search for them. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Mark,

This would be a great place to look..........may take a few hours, though.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228509

Might want to join the forum and ask there.........Lotsa knowledge available.

OR ask the "Old Coyote" he raced in Texas "back in the day".

Hondo

Thanks Hondo, Somebody sent me a pretty good picture of the car from a book called Muscle Car Chronicles. Its black and white but I know what color the car is so thats no problem. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone sent me this picture to work from and I know the car was 1962 Pontiac Ensign blue which is the same color as 1962 Chevrolet Nassau blue, which is pictured below. I'm trying to find a rattle can match to a modern color and I found this picture of a Mustang from Conor1148's signature line. Does anyone know what year the Mustang in the picture is.

Dongayftquartershot.jpg

tarmstronglg1.jpg

P5252462.jpg

Does the Mustang and the Chevy look pretty close in color? I thought they did.

If you want that specific color, I think It's available from MCW as well...

Chris, you are correct but I e-mailed them and they only have the color for airbrush use. and the cost plus shipping is a lot higher than if I can find the ford color, windveil blue, in duplicolor rattle can locally. It looks like a pretty close match.