Model Cars Magazine Forum

! Dupli-Color CS-101 !

This may or may not be news , but it's worth at least a bump ...

Let me preface my post by stating that I have no unbridge with Alclad . It's a fine product , and many have successfully utilised it on their builds .

However , for someone like myself ( lazy , minimalist , "frugal" ) , the cost of and the time-consuming processes necessary for employing Alclad is too much to endure .

Now , here's the meat :

Dupli-Color p.n. CS 101 !!

I've used in on a few builds already ( 1970 Challenger T/A's valve covers and air cleaner lid ; and side pipes and other pieces on the 80's A-TEAM van's 70's parts ) and am duly impressed !

While I've painted it over various base colours , I have found that gloss black works best

( more-reflective ) versus the Testors Flat Steel and Tamiya's Flat Aluminum ; Tamiya's Gloss Black (X-1) works best .

Unfortunately , I don't have any way of posting pics ( if I did , I'd have inundated this forum with pics of my builds already !) , so I can't present the concrete evidence of the beauty of this chrome paint ; it's *that* impressive !!

And , unlike Alclad , you don't have to handle the part(s) like a Fabreget Egg afterward !!

It's durable !!

So , next time you head to the local auto parts store , grab a spray can of CS-101 , and never look back !

I found Duplicolor stanless steel and chrome spray cans at Auto Zone.

Its the same thing?

I am not certain , Hector . I would imagine that the Chrome Spray that you have found is the very same that I am referring to in this thread : CS-101 .

I have not seen the other colour you are referring to --the Stainless Steel --but it seems like it is worth looking in to !