Model Cars Magazine Forum

48 Ford Coupe

Ajay

Thanks for all the comments guys,

Tom, the tyres are from the Galaxie 48 Chevy kit, the rims are the steelies from the Revell 49 Mercury together with Modelhaus Dodge Lancer hubcaps - hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy

Hi all, managed to get the chassis up on four wheels I've had to take some liberties with the suspension to get it too sit this low. Basically axles are just glued to the frame - not very pretty but then I don't plan on displaying it upside down !.

48coupe10_zps39f21929.jpg

48coupe11_zps95e65257.jpg

Not too much more to do now so hope to have it finished over the weekend.

Thanks for looking.

Andy

Edited by Ajay

this is crazy cool ,,, i see this stuff and it just brings up tons of questions ,, like how you did that to the roof and what glues and fillers , and the engine paint , spray or brush , the interior is amazing

Thanks Anne & sorry for the delay in replying.

For the chop I started by cutting off the door pillars and then made two cuts A/B and then removed a slice from the rear pillars. With the door pillars gone I could then gently bend down the roof to meet the loweedr rear pillars. The resulting gap in the top of the roof was filled in with Evergeen plastic sheet and Tamiya Epoxy filler. The slanted door pillars C and rain channel were added with sheet plastic and the door line scribered in. I normally use Humbrol liquid cement.

Hope above makes sense but this picture may help.

48COUPECHOP_zps923b3b80.jpg

The engine was sprayed with the same paint as the body through an airbrush.

Cheers

Andy

Edited by Ajay