Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 DODGE CHARGER "PRO TOURING"

bryan_m

I'm Jonesin' for more pictures....really need to see that beautiful paint done.

However, I DO understand lazy very well. Great build.

i might start color sanding it tonight Ace........not sure yet, im foolin around with a bunch of stuff here...

...lol....I know, I need to take more time out to post...my mind is like a BB in a box car lately...bouncing all over the place!

Yea Danny! its nice to see you around man......you need to stop in more often.........oh and send me my edsel!!!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

thanks

bryan

i might start color sanding it tonight Ace........not sure yet, im foolin around with a bunch of stuff here...

Yea Danny! its nice to see you around man......you need to stop in more often.........oh and send me my edsel!!!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

thanks

bryan

ya never know my friend, ya never know....lol

one of these days buddy, we will strike a deal and that edsel will be in my collection! i always did love that car, and you did such a killer job on it......maybe i should be so lazy, and just build one of my own! LOL.......nah, it wouldnt be the same!

glad to see ya in here buddy!

ok, guys i have decided to do a bit of color sanding on this charger, but my show "BREAKIN BAD" is coming back for its 5th season tonite at 10 pm, so i will be sanding and watchin that at the same time!

stay tuned!

thanks again for all the great comments guys, they are appreciated!

bryan m

ok, im gonna do some sanding now, and watch my show in 23 minutes.........ill post some pics later tonight so ya can see the progress this is where i always mess up....... sometimes i cut through, so i hope i dont, wish me luck!

thanks again fellas!

bryan

ok guys, and hour n 30 mins later it has been sanded!!

i have never used one before, but i tried this polishing kit out. ive have had it for a long time and thought id give it shot....it starts at 2400 grit, and ends at 12000 grit!

buff001.jpg

so i started with regular sand paper..........1000 grit, and moved my way up...1200, 1500, 2000. then i started with this polishing kit, and i gotta say the results are amazing!

heres a couple shots of the body, and it has NOT been buffed with any compound yet, im going to do that now.

buff002.jpg

buff004.jpg

now its on to rubbin it out with some compound, it shouldnt take to much, this thing is so smooth!

wish me luck!

stay tuned for more

cheers

bryan

Edited by bryan_m

heres a preview, i got the driver side buffed out, it looks really nice and smooth, i have to hit it with one more compound, and then wax it. im hoping to buff it all tonight, and mask it off so i can shoot the vinyl roof......

buff5002.jpg

buff5001.jpg

more to come

bryan

thanks jeremy!

i tried to get some extra lighting on it when i shot those pics, but it didnt quite work, ill take some outside pics tomorrow.....this is probably the best paintjob i have done in a long time...

thanks again!

bryan

thanks Martin!

i found these in my stash, ive had them for a long time, and i think its about high time they went on a build! what do you think guys? using these will mean alot of frame modification, but i think it would be worth it! opinions are welcomed, as always...

heres the set of pegasus wheels...........i forget what they are called...

wheelie004.jpg

and heres a couple shots of them under the car! im really diggin the way they look.......

wheelie001.jpg

wheelie002.jpg

wheelie003.jpg

lend me your opinions guys, would they look cool or what? the only drawback is the frame modification, and this is as low as it would possibly go. i mean its still really low, but not draggin the ground!

thanks for lookin

cheers

bryan