Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Peterbuilt Wrecker, Kenworth Conversion

:D i love what am seeing romell keep it up buddy

thx Blake........

Hey fellas Not much to report other than body work this is my least favorite part of a build, but it has to be done I already primed to find the flaws so now I sand again and fill low spots and sand again and fill low spots............please enjoy the picks....

corrections corrections.....

novaandtruckbody003.jpg

novaandtruckbody004.jpg

here the door to the sleeper has been cut out and fills to low spots have been made....

novaandtruckbody005.jpg

Another coat of primer reveals some minor correction needs to be made but were very close now...

novaandtruckbody006.jpg

novaandtruckbody007.jpg

novaandtruckbody008.jpg

Sleeper is getting closer too.....but i forgot to fix the back LOL!

novaandtruckbody009.jpg

novaandtruckbody010.jpg

Stay tuned for more to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellas I know I havent posted anything here a lil while but ive been waiting on some supplys. I was able to build my dual axles on the front and it all works as far as steerability is concerned. I also did a mock up for ya I hope you enjoy.

this pic shows the steering linkages.

truchaxles005.jpg

here you see the steering turned....

truchaxles006.jpg

truchaxles007.jpg

heres one with the wheels on....

truchaxles008.jpg

and the mockup ...

truchaxles009.jpg

truchaxles010.jpg

Here's another small update or really just an addition to what has already been posted. (I forgot to add these last night) enjoy!

this is the driver side tank support.

tanksupport003.jpg

a couple mockups keep in mind that the tanks will be recessed into the wrecker body a few inches.

tanksupport001.jpg

tanksupport002.jpg

Thx fellas I really apreciate the comments and compliments, And to tell you truthfully this build is so outta my comfort zone its scary. I find myself doin lots of reserch. but hopefully it will be worth it in the end. Take care and thx for watching. :unsure:

Looking good!

I need to get back to mine!

Well fellas heres another small update ......

I got everything primed and ready to go..... WOW! my desk is a hot mess LOL! thats what happens when you build 3 in a row

fenders012.jpg

fenders011.jpg

Here you see how I recessed the fuel tanks

fenders013.jpg

And finally I used the kit fenders to make the fenders for the second steer axles .......

fenders007.jpg

fenders009.jpg

fenders010.jpg

Lookin pretty sweet!!!!!!!! What colors are you thinkin of puttin on it?

You know Ben thats the one thing thats up in the air right now :blink: , but im open to suggestions. I do know that I want to get some custom decals made for it just have to find the right guy to make em for me.I guess i need to come up with a paint color if I want decals made. :lol: LOL! Oh and thx for all your help bro.

Edited by Aftashox

Tim who? (sorry if I sound ignorant) and whats his site addy

Timstrucks.com got tons and tons and tons of photos from 1:1 too models. And look on hanks trucks photo site too.

read back in the posting and look for tims posting. I think hes the one with the BIG red oval on the left side of the posting

Tim who? (sorry if I sound ignorant) and whats his site addy

Timstrucks.com got tons and tons and tons of photos from 1:1 too models. And look on hanks trucks photo site too.

read back in the posting and look for tims posting. I think hes the one with the BIG red oval on the left side of the posting

Tim is Tim Ahlborn, he is the moderator of the truck forum and our resident truck guru, as well as the "Trucker's Corner" writer in the magazine. His screenname is mackinac359.

Here are the links to not only Tim's site, but also to Hank's Truck Pictures that Clayton referred to.

http://www.timstrucks.com/

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/trucks.htm

Also, since you're building a wrecker, here's another site you might find helpful, nothing but wreckers!

http://www.wreckerdriver.net/photos/

I'm not sure, but you might have to register on wreckerdriver.net, but it doesn't cost anything and the pics are worth it. Everyone sees one I found there every time I post! :D:lol:

Oh, by the way, Clayton, you were close on the red oval part on Tim's avatar pic. I just checked, it is a white background with black lettering and an outline of Texas with a star to represent Denton, where Peterbilts are born!