Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/14 custom built Pete 379 r/c(small update)

thought you were cutting the nose back

I did. But due to the fact that I moved the cab and sleeper back to give the right distance between the door and original fender location has made it longer in the back. But I still had to cut the front of the nose Down to place the grill in the right position. With that all said I ended up taking the advice to move the front axle forward to center a bit the wheels a bit better in the fender location...and in all of that the end result was coming out with a long nose Pete lol. Just another truck I wanted to build anyhow lol

Justin thats looking very cool it looks like you have the makings of a great lookig rig keep at it .What color are you thinking of or are you going to do it orange?

the main color will be blue. The frame and a set of stripes on the side will be orange

Thank you much. And no I didn't have any of that stuff so I just built them the hard way out of sheet plastic. And it is the king hauler.

Coming along great. Did you use poly pipe for the fenders and just cap it ? They look great. Also what kit did you start with, tamiya knight hauler?

Ewan

Looking good man! I'm really digging those front fenders. I'm thinking about trying to make something similar for the truck I'm working on now, but with the stance I'm going for, I'm afraid it would be too much of a lip.

They will be much better Justin

Thanks. And note. How we were talking about my bumper situation. I need a bumper that is the same dimensions as the original as far as how low the license plate frames are. If I could find someone to make one to that but also wrap around to my wheel well that would be perfect! Lol