Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hot Dog Lovers = Tony Packo

Guess that maybe if I actually ever tried a Chicago Dog I might feel differently about it.

Yes you would!

I also agree that pineapple (or any fruit) does NOT belong on a pizza. Cheese, pepperoni, sausage, meatball, tomatoes OK...... I've also never had a Chicago style deep dish pizza... they sound good, but I've never had one.

Chicago-style pizza is absolutely fantastic. I do like thin crust too, but deep-dish pizza is a whole different thing. YUM!

......and my toilet paper comes over the top. :lol:

As does mine!

Ummm....what is neon relish?

I just noticed that.

I can hear Harry cringing now. I like piccalilli on my hot-dogs. New Englnad thing.

Charlie Larkin

Neon relish is just regular relish (what you call piccalilli), but they put green food coloring in it. I have no idea why, but is is bright green!

Speak for yourself. I love Hawaiian pizza.

Charlie Larkin

"Hawaiian pizza" is not pizza.

You may like it, but please don't call it "pizza." Once there is fruit on a pizza (and yes I know that a tomato is technically a fruit... :rolleyes: ), it ceases to be a pizza. It might taste good, but it aint no pizza! ^_^

Acceptable pizza toppings (besides cheese and sauce, which are a given):

Pepperoni

Italian sausage

Mushrooms

Peppers

Onions

Tomato slices

Heck, even anchovies... :lol:

Unacceptable pizza toppings: Anything else! :P

that looks to be a 'pizza pie', lol, can I ask for one of those in the wanted section? :D

not so much hot dog stand, but the dogs themselves, Hoffman hot dogs..............mmmmmmmm good, and the snappy grillers are pretty great too!

Wayne, I remember Jimmy's Hot Dog stand very well on the corners of Grand and Pulaski Aves. A good friend of mine lived just down the street from Jimmy's, so I was there often. Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge was close by that area as well. Those days were great times.

Mary lived down the street too and actually worked at Bessies Snack Shop for quite some time.

G

Harry, that Chicago deep dish pizza does look pretty darn good. I'm sure you could eat that for several meals..!!

Aside from Hot Dogs with mustard, onions, etc... Chili cheese dogs are also very yummy..... as long as the chili has no beans in it.

One of the other things I have never had yet while living here in the Pittsburgh area for 7 years is a Primanti Bros. sandwich...... while they might be good, I can't imagine eating a sandwich with french fries on it. Fries on the side is OK and cole slaw is OK.

Or worse yet a hot dog with no ketchup ! : )

How's this sound to ya Ray... as a Ketchup lover...?

My grandson likes chicken with ketchup on it :unsure: , but he's only 3 and will hopefully grow out of that.

One of my daughter's girl friends will only eat spaghetti with ketchup on it... She is 32 and she doesn't like tomato sauce...... now that is just downright disgusting..!!!

Oh no Rich. I likes my ketchup but not on that stuff ! My sister, when she was much younger put ketchup on .................... ready for this ? ...................... mashed potato's ! Talk about a disgusting mess. I couldn't even look at it.

Is that a Giordano's ad?

You just had to mention Giordano's. Ate there once a few years ago, 2009 IRRC. I know we went there after we left the Chicago Auto Show. Quite possibly the best pizza I ever had.

As far as chili goes, if I'm putting it on a dog or fries, no beans. If I'm eating straight, then I like beans in it.

We once had a fancy family affair with the best prime rib! Some old Irish relatives needed theirs well done and then covered it with Ketchup! Yuk!

Tom, you got that YUK part right. Absolutely NO KETCHUP goes on a good, rare to medium rare steak, prime rib, or filet mignon. Burgers fries and meatloaf OK. Filet Mignon with a little salt & pepper and some Bearnaise Sauce... Heaven..!!

I'm spending the weekend at Fell's Point, a waterfront tourist area in Baltimore. I was at Max's Taphouse http://www.maxs.com/ that has 140 rotating drafts, 5 hand pumped cask ales and over 1200 bottles.

And for lunch I had:

MAX’S TATER BOWL

Crunchy Tater Tots smothered in our own pulled pork BBQ Topped with melted cheddar jack cheese, a heathy dose of sour cream and bacon...Just what the doctor ordered...Or maybe not

Amazing!

"Hawaiian pizza" is not pizza.

You may like it, but please don't call it "pizza." Once there is fruit on a pizza (and yes I know that a tomato is technically a fruit... :rolleyes: ), it ceases to be a pizza. It might taste good, but it aint no pizza! ^_^

Acceptable pizza toppings (besides cheese and sauce, which are a given):

Pepperoni

Italian sausage

Mushrooms

Peppers

Onions

Tomato slices

Heck, even anchovies... :lol:

Unacceptable pizza toppings: Anything else! :P

So I take it you're not a fan of taco pizza?