Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Chevy Cameo Pick-Up custom

Wow Raul, nice job! That red one is really sweet! I love what you did with the doors.

Did you make those side mirrors too?

Thanks, Jay!!

The '57 pickup was done in a Corvette theme for the 2007 NNL West 50 year celebration of the '57 Chevy.

The mirrors are from the Z06 Corvette that was used for much of the chassis and drivetrain.

Here's a link to the post: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8528

I'm not sure why, but some of the pictures don't seem to download anymore...

Later,

Thanks, Jay!!

The '57 pickup was done in a Corvette theme for the 2007 NNL West 50 year celebration of the '57 Chevy.

The mirrors are from the Z06 Corvette that was used for much of the chassis and drivetrain.

Here's a link to the post: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8528

I'm not sure why, but some of the pictures don't seem to download anymore...

Later,

Spectacular Raul! I love that truck!

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm really looking forward to finishing this. I don't have any time during the week to model, what with work and band rehearsals. This weekend I'm going to sand and prime it again in white this time, so that my yellow paint is poppin'! (I hope)...

Stay tuned :D

Jay,

I probably have a couple extra sets of those mirrors. If you're interested, send me a PM with your address.

I fixed the broken links in the post of the pics for the 57 pickup. If you're interested in seeing what was originally in the post, here's the link:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8528

Later,

Jay,

I probably have a couple extra sets of those mirrors. If you're interested, send me a PM with your address.

I fixed the broken links in the post of the pics for the 57 pickup. If you're interested in seeing what was originally in the post, here's the link:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8528

Later,

That's very kind of you Raul, thank you. They would look great on my truck too i think. I'll PM you my address, maybe i can return the favor someday.

I got some more work done to this truck. I wanted to customize the rear bumper. I didn't like the stock bumper, the way more than half of it was supposed to be the body color. So I decided to strip all the chrome parts and try out this fancy Alclad everyone seems to be talking about. I must say I'm pretty impressed with the results.

Here are the parts after i sprayed them with Alclad gloss black base.

IMG_0489.jpg

and after...

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

more to come!

Edited by northendmetalallstar

Thanks for the update. Im building one and dont know how to lower the truck. Noticed u painted the parts on the tree still. Maybe im doing it all wrong lol

If you look at the pics at the beginning of this thread you can see mostly how I did it. I am still new to modeling but I gleaned as much info from this forum as I could about lowering and just gave it the old college try. I can try to explain more if you're wondering about something specific.

Also its just the shocks and license plates that are still attached to the tree. The other parts were snipped from the tree, sanded and then I glued a piece of sprue to a more inconspicuous spot to have something to hold onto while i airbrushed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Jay,

Do you still need those Corvette mirrors for this build? I can send them this weekend.

Sorry for the delay in getting them to you (if you do need them). I've been really busy with things going on at work and home...

Later,

That's OK Raul, no worries at all. I think i'm going to use the ones that came with it. I'm going to try reversing them and hanging them upside down from the top of the door frame. I do appreciate the offer though, maybe another time. Cheers!

That's OK Raul, no worries at all. I think i'm going to use the ones that came with it. I'm going to try reversing them and hanging them upside down from the top of the door frame. I do appreciate the offer though, maybe another time. Cheers!

OK...let me know if that doesn't work for you. I can usually drop stuff in the mail pretty quickly.

The company I work for was recently bought by a company I worked for 15 years ago, so I've been really busy working through my portion of the integration...