Model Cars Magazine Forum

Brace Yourselves - A Very Sad '68 Charger

That's the reason why these classics worth as much today!!

Everyone is looking for one, but only a few remains!!! :(

And about half of the Chargers of this generation have been destroyed during Dukes of Hazzard show.

Sad to see this paticular one, my favorite Muscle-car, my favorite color!!

I don't thik it's salvageable since it rest in a swamp.

But i still like DOH a lot!!

There isn't enough parts on there to add up to 2500 bucks. I hate it when people try to make a killing on

something like that. Hope he's into it big time and has to sit on it. With it sitting in all that water. The floors

are junk. The gas cap and about a foor around of sheet metal is gone. No help for that car.

• 3 weeks later...

Found these pictures on a craigslist ad:

68chargerfront-1.jpg

68charger.jpg

68chargerdash.jpg

Here's a link to the actual ad, don't know how long it will work though:

http://corvallis.craigslist.org/cto/3413222932.html

I see you to enjoy the rusted muscle over at cars in barns.com

To all those who say it isn't worth $2500 dollars, have you seen the prices people are getting for these things online?

Wow, thanks for telling my about carsinbarns! Although it's really sad to look at, for some reason I like it...I've always thought'd be cool to completely go through a car and restore it, except for the body, leaving rust/dents/bodywork showing and what-not. It's not the non-functionality I like, it's the body damage.

• 5 months later...

It looks to me like there might still be some good sheet metal under all that foliage. Hood.... Goner. Grill..... Possibility. Rear fenders......possibility. You never know what the panels look like and there may actually be some other parts on the car that are salvageable. Still a sad sight for such a once awesome car.

It looks to me like there might still be some good sheet metal under all that foliage. Hood.... Goner. Grill..... Possibility. Rear fenders......possibility. You never know what the panels look like and there may actually be some other parts on the car that are salvageable. Still a sad sight for such a once awesome car.

A car literally sitting in a swamp with no back window in an environment so humid even the gauge faces are rusty? No, there is nothing left here but the Swamp Things next ride.