Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stage III-d Duece Chassis

Hello,

I am assembling one of the R&D Unique, metal Duece chassis, the Instructions do not have any detailed pictures of how the brake system, Booster, Master Cylinder, are supposed to be mounted up. I have searched for pictures, but only found some that are close matches, or not at the stage where the brake parts are installed yet. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gabriel

Yes, I suppose it is. The brake pedal looks like a factory setup, with a single stage master cylinder attached to it. The instructions indicate the Brake Pedal/ Master. Gets glued to the frame. Doing it that way interrupts the bracing from the main "spider " of the frame. The directions also say, to glue the brake booster to the bracket just right of the transmission mount. With no way of telling you exactly where to glue it.

Edited by my80malibu

if you know where the brake pedal is going to be mounted, that should tell you where the brake vacuum booster will be mounted and the master cylinder gets attached to the brake booster.

a rod from the brake pedal pushes a valve in the brake booster which lets engine vacuum amplify the action of the brake pedal...a rod inside the brake booster is what actually makes the master cylinder do it's job.

The Booster is Remote mounted. The instructions say it mounts to the bracket on the right of the transmission mount. The pedal mounts in the location shown on post #6

You can put a "remote mounted" booster anywhere in the car it will fit.

What you have is a straight mechanical / hydraulic master cylinder hooked to the brake pedal. From there, a hydraulic line runs to another hydraulic master cylinder which is attached to the booster. The second master cylinder on the remote booster simply transfers hydraulic pressure from the pedal.

Like zo. brkdia.gifservo_pbr_740.jpg

There are several variations on this theme, and they were fairly common on British and US vehicles at one time.

Here's one mounted sideways in the engine bay, in a place there's room for it, far from the pedal / primary master cylinder.

IMG_4037.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy