Model Cars Magazine Forum

MISTER TWISTER Chevy II Nova..COMPLETE..12/01/13

I have wanted to build a replica of my car for quite sometime but I don't have a clue about how to do the decals for the doors and fenders. I don't have a printer and I don't plan on purchasing one anytime soon. Any help, ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!957.jpg952.jpg956.jpg955.jpg953.jpg

Edited by Mister Twister

Cool ride Darryl. I can help you out with door and fender artwork but I don't have any way of printing them. I'd love to see you build this of your 1:1 car and will gladly contribute. So do you just need the Mster Twister and DR MotorSports done? I have this body so I can get them done to the correct size.

Sweet 67 Chevy II! I am still wanting to get one of these and chop the heck out of the interior and tub one out and fit it with a 454 and make it shine with an 8-71 blower sitting on top. :D

Maybe some day, when I grow up and all the kids are gone...

Darryl, that is a lot of stickers you have all along the bottom of your car! Do you still have the Nova in your possession?

Thanks fellas! Brad thanks so much for your offer on the artwork. I saw what you did for Rom and it looked great. But, since Wayne is so close I'll see what he can come up with. No, I don't have the car anymore guys because of one reason or another but it was a blast to race it for 3 years.

Edited by Mister Twister

• 2 months later...

Wayne came up with a great looking set of decals for my replica build and he informs me that all I need to do is lay on a nice clear coat on the decal sheet and all will be well and ready for this project. Thanks Wayne! I'll get in on this as soon as I can but at this point I truly don't know if I'll do a super detailed build or do it as a curbside....Any suggestions? Anyways...This is one that I will definitely be proud of.984.jpg983.jpg982.jpg

Edited by Mister Twister

Man Darryl, that's a freakin AWESOME ride!!!!! What's your best e.t. & speed?? I'm sure somebody around here will hook ya up!!!

Sorry I did not respond earlier Derrick to your question about ET and speed.....It was at one point in FANTASTIC weather and the right conditions 5.95 and around 115 in 1/8 mile but on AVERAGE it was 6.20 and 111 mph. This car liked high humidity and cloudy conditions and that was when it ran its best and it was sometimes hard to dial in beacuse of the erratic times. THANKS! Edited by Mister Twister

Darryl this is going to be one killer build my friend. I have to agree with the others here that you should do a Highly detailed one since it is of your own car but I am gonna throw in a mix You could also do a curbside first and then a Highly detailed one to follow ;)

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry for not following up on this build sooner guys and thanks for the vote for the detailed build version....That is what I'll do. As Scott said it is easy to do a detailed build from primary source information and since I actually raced and worked on this car plus lots of photos its a real no brainer for the detailed build. I have most of the parts that I need and I'll get started soon. I've been busy at my job lately and not much bench time but its coming soon....Stay tuned.

• 10 months later...

I'm bringing this one back and I hope to be able to be a little more steady in my updates than I have been. I haven't been at the bench much in the last year due to a career change among other reasons. I have cut the body open and worked on some small sub assemblies like the seat, shifter console and so on. I've cut and modified a Revell chassis pan as it is a pretty close match for what is in the real car. I have the beginnings of the 14 point cage taped to the pan so that they can be painted seperately. More when I can and thanks for looking.1381_zps388e2279.jpg1382_zps2b440344.jpg1370_zps4e5c6214.jpg1383_zpseedeeeee.jpg1380_zps098259a7.jpg

Edited by Mister Twister