Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nascar Craftsman Trucks - Eldora Speedway on DIRT 20132

hooterville75

Whats everyones opinion about the Nascar Craftsman Trucks racing on Dirt at Eldora Speedway in 2013 ? Its actually on the schedule already for next season for July 24th or July 25th one of the two. I know Ill be there for sure checking this out. Nascar hasnt ran on Dirt since 1970. This will be the first since then. They actually have a clip of Tony Stewart and Austin Dillon testing the Nascar Craftsman Trucks on Eldora Speedway at www.speed.com

I'm a little surprised that this is going to happen.It's a good idea but the teams now have to construct a special truck to run only at this one track.That costs money and the teams frequently complain about expenses like this one.Most truck series teams are small and low budget so it creates a financial burden on them.

I'm a little surprised that this is going to happen.It's a good idea but the teams now have to construct a special truck to run only at this one track.That costs money and the teams frequently complain about expenses like this one.Most truck series teams are small and low budget so it creates a financial burden on them.

Supposedly the only change is removing the splitter.

Are these things basically the same as regular stock cars, but just with truck looking bodies instead of car looking bodies?

For those wondering, yes they are basically a Sprint Cup chassis with truck body panels and a reduced HP engine. The COT was designed with features from the truck series, such as moving the driver inboard a little and making the greenhouse a little taller. It should be an interesting show for sure!

One thing I've noticed during truck races is that they almost never adjust the wedge or sway bar during a race. I don't know if it's not allowed or difficult to do? Their races are much shorter generally so they don't pit as often, another cost saving measure.

When I heard about this a few weeks ago, I was skeptical, but hopeful. I think it's FANTASTIC!!! I can't wait to: "A" See heat races, and "B" watch some of these asphalt cry babies learn what it's like to race on a real surface. There are definitly a few of these guys who will have an advantage. Glad to see they are heading to Canada too, and back on a road course again. I hope Fellows runs the Mosport race.