Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who's already got GTA V?

Austin T

No, the next Gran Turismo, which will #6, isn't out until December (already preordered it ;) ). GTA V is Grand Theft Auto 5. I picked mine up this morning (Collectors Edition), didn't feel like dragging out for the midnight release, wasn't feeling very good anyway. Took forever to get it loaded up, but was well worth the wait. Haven't done much in the line of missions yet, but so far have managed to get wasted in a shootout, mauled by a cougar, and ran over by a train! :blink::lol: :lol:

Kids went outside for awhile and I managed to find out my character has a new "Charger" (more or less...they still aren't using real cars) which I promptly t-boned a Range Rover with resulting in their being one less computer driver above ground.

Then I promptly got killed in a fire-fight...then the kids came back in, forcing me to pause in the middle of the shoot-out.

Can't wait till these little people go to sleep...they can't watch me play this the language would make the entirety of the U.S. Navy blush.

I picked it up as soon as I got off today and I haven't stopped for awhile. I love the way the new handling is with the cars, haven't gotten to fly yet of jack a train but that will come shortly. To me the gun wheel is a little annoying, I can't stand the radio wheel. One thing I did notice is that hostile NPC's are MUCH MUCH more hostile than in 4.

Takes forever to lose your wanted level in this game. Even if you pull into an alley or into a garage, out running the cops was in IV was easy, just drive beyond the radar marker and park, wait 10 seconds and off you go.

Not a fan of the radio selector wheel, it bounces all over, and 95% of the time I just want the radio off anyway so I can hear the character dialogue.

I was an old pro and slinging around the cars in IV, if you understood how to dirt-track race you were good as gold. This new driving interface is somewhere between Mario Cart and IV, sometimes the car is unshakable sometimes is sliding all over.

Takes forever to lose your wanted level in this game. Even if you pull into an alley or into a garage, out running the cops was in IV was easy, just drive beyond the radar marker and park, wait 10 seconds and off you go.

Not a fan of the radio selector wheel, it bounces all over, and 95% of the time I just want the radio off anyway so I can hear the character dialogue.

I was an old pro and slinging around the cars in IV, if you understood how to dirt-track race you were good as gold. This new driving interface is somewhere between Mario Cart and IV, sometimes the car is unshakable sometimes is sliding all over.

Yea I know how you feel. I was pretty decent at driving in IV, but as for V it seems like you hug the road until its a race. As for the wanted level there is a cheat for that but it's up to you if you want to play or "Cheat".

Yea I know how you feel. I was pretty decent at driving in IV, but as for V it seems like you hug the road until its a race. As for the wanted level there is a cheat for that but it's up to you if you want to play or "Cheat".

I just shot down two police choppers with an AK, I'm good on the not cheating yet :lol:

Its very addicting

In 24 hours they sold 800 million dollars worth of the game making it the biggest day one earner across all entertainment media

It was one of the most expensive video games ever developed at an estimated cost of $250 million dollars. But like I told my wife, they'll make that up in the pre-orders they fill at Midnight, everything after that is pure unadulterated profit.

Got in a few hours of straight play before heading out to work for the week, and I have to say I appreciate several of the new features, namely the ability to save the game from your "phone" as well as being able to resume the failed mission from the action. I've only died twice (once with each character I've unlocked so far), but the ability to not respawn at the hospital, and have to hijack a car to do a different mission and/or the ability to restart the mission without having to view the cinematic and drive from Point A to Point B AGAIN is the best part of the game.

I've been tossed from a few cars and didn't die, but it sure did hurt. I've had a few hard front end hits that didn't eject me, but did do damage. So far, the only times I've been killed involving a car invilved bailing out to avaid getting hit by a train, and one time when the car exploded on me. Oh, and I also accidently bailed out of the blimp without a 'chute :o :o

Personally, I like the weapon wheel, it's virtually identical to the one used in RDR. Not sure about the radio, still working out what the stations are.

Not to start any spoilers, but has anyone else ran into anyone from GTA4? Don't mention character names if you have, just to prevent spoilers. So far, I've met one, was somewhat suprised to meet this particular person, but it was pretty cool.

I've been tossed from a few cars and didn't die, but it sure did hurt. I've had a few hard front end hits that didn't eject me, but did do damage. So far, the only times I've been killed involving a car invilved bailing out to avaid getting hit by a train, and one time when the car exploded on me. Oh, and I also accidently bailed out of the blimp without a 'chute :o :o

Personally, I like the weapon wheel, it's virtually identical to the one used in RDR. Not sure about the radio, still working out what the stations are.

Not to start any spoilers, but has anyone else ran into anyone from GTA4? Don't mention character names if you have, just to prevent spoilers. So far, I've met one, was somewhat suprised to meet this particular person, but it was pretty cool.

Yep I know who your talking about. I met him in the short cut scene before Trevor got his way. I really liked him too and I hate how Rockstar killed him off like that, to be honest I almost cried.

Uummm, no, it's not the one you're thinking. I know who you mean (I saw a spoiler on another site), but I met this one in a Random Encounter playing as Franklin.

Ahh ok. Was it one of the three brothers from IV? As for the one I was talking about if you played the TLAD DLC you knew who he was, you might even say he was "Lost" .