Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Pegasus Rims

Cool! If the Virage (or the Vantage for that matter) are 23" like the Phat Daddies, I see them under a Ferrari 599 Fiorano..... :wink:

I used the Phat Daddies in my Ferrari 612 Scag with meatier tires and they fill the wheel well very nicely.....

Thanks,

Cool! If the Virage (or the Vantage for that matter) are 23" like the Phat Daddies, I see them under a Ferrari 599 Fiorano..... :wink:

I used the Phat Daddies in my Ferrari 612 Scag with meatier tires and they fill the wheel well very nicely.....

Thanks,

All of them would look good under the Fiorano; I've tried the Vantage and Vanquish, and will have to get the Virage. The 2-piece design is cool because you can paint the center any color you like. My Scaglietti almost wore the Vanquish wheels:

DSCN6845-vi.jpg

The Fiorano below has the Pegasus rims from the Vantage/Vanquish/Virage, but I cut the centers from a Sportec and BBS RE to see how they would look:

IMG_1194-vi.jpg

Still wish Fujimi would just make the proper 20" BBS RE's for the Fiorano.

Gosh, I just have to say, I really dont like 23 inch rims. To me they look so unrealistic. The DUB cars are just about the ugliest thing I have ever seen. That’s just my opinion, and I know it is not a popular one. 8)

Don't get me wrong. I hate 23" wheels in the 1:1 world as well. But in this case, they are 23 inches in 1/25 scale. When they are used in 1/24 scale they "look" more like 20s or so, even if by measurement they are 21 inches in 1/24. It's a matter of balancing the look and filling big wheel wells.

These are 23 inches Phat Daddies: But in this big car they look the right size.

DSCF2155.JPG

In my mind, a high performance wheel in 1:1 can be up to 19 inches. 20 is borderline and more than that is just "bling". But in scale it is more about the overall look and balance.

Thanks,

Don't get me wrong. I hate 23" wheels in the 1:1 world as well. But in this case, they are 23 inches in 1/25 scale. When they are used in 1/24 scale they "look" more like 20s or so, even if by measurement they are 21 inches in 1/24. It's a matter of balancing the look and filling big wheel wells.

These are 23 inches Phat Daddies: But in this big car they look the right size.

DSCF2155.JPG

In my mind, a high performance wheel in 1:1 can be up to 19 inches. 20 is borderline and more than that is just "bling". But in scale it is more about the overall look and balance.

Amen. Pegasus 23's aren't "real" 23's when you compare to 1/24 scale. The Pegasus 23" diameter is 21.96" in 1/24 scale, with the visible bead lip (usually adds about 1.5" to the "real" diameter taken at the bead) the actual dimension of the wheel would be about 20.5". That's why they look good on some of these 1/24 scale models with really large wheel openings. They don't look cartoonish on these Ferraris, nor Magnums, nor 350Z's, nor Chargers. Even the AMT 1/25 Chrysler 300C has massive wheel openings and these wheels look like a stock diameter in them. If Pegasus 23's were scaled to 1/24 scale, and were real 23's, they'd be 1.02" in diameter and that would look freakish.

I'm not all about bling, just the right balance. Anyone who looked at my latest "anti-bling" Boxster kit built last weekend can vouch for that :lol: