Model Cars Magazine Forum

'26 Mack Resto/Rusto Rod

What happens when you combine a Rat Rod, a Resto Rod, and a Rig Rod?

Well, maybe this....

IMG_28241-vi.jpg

That's a Monogram '26 Mack on a Monogram Ford F-350 Chassis. I pirated the tires from an AMT Kenworth 600 (yes- they're 1/25, and the model is 1/24.... but that can be our little secret, 'kay?) I've seen 1:1 pickups use big rig tires- you'll never wear out the tires! The wheel bearings, on de udder hand...

IMG_28251-vi.jpg

The flatbed is from the IMC/Lindberg Big Rig trailer, and my parts box provided the rest. The "Gotham City" plate was used because I didn't have one with "Roswell" printed on it!

IMG_28281-vi.jpg

I converted the 460 from fuel injection to a 4-bbl. I also removed the A/C and Power steering pumps. The hoses feed up into the radiator in the cowl, and I also left the fan off, as it seems a bit pointless in it's stock location!

IMG_28301-vi.jpg

Much of the interior (what little the truck has of one) is stock, except for the F-350 steering column. The shifter is a sewing needle.

For all the modifications to this truck, I'm actually pretty suprised by how close to stock it still looks!

• 5 years later...