Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

Ok ,I just spent the last hour looking at this build and I just like everyone else has been amazed,thrilled,and shocked at how darn impressive this build of yours is. Inspiration,love,and god only knows what is why we all love this hobby. It can be simple(snap) or experienced (lvl 3) but to be a museum piece is just out right crazy. Thank you for the opportunity to see this being built.

Jason , thanks for the interest, I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am

thank you Jonathan

Haken, I appreciate you checking in

hi Kevin, thanks for keeping up with the build, I did play around with making metal doors, I made one from aluminum and one out of brass, I am not totally satisfied with either, as you can imagine it is extremely difficult, these doors have 3 body lines to match up, plus the curvature of the body and to fit in an opening perfectly on top of that is very very challenging to say the least, I have not givin up on the idea, but I have limited skills with this as with this entire build, I my have met my match! we will see

thanks Richard!

started working on the trunk floor and wheel tubs, it is going to have a fuel cell between the frame rails, will set the battery in the right rear corner also

IMG_2063-vi.jpgIMG_2064-vi.jpg

sheet metal for the top of the frame soldered in place

IMG_2066-vi.jpgIMG_2067-vi.jpgIMG_2068-vi.jpgIMG_2070-vi.jpg

making a little progress at least, still need to fill in the sides between the tubs and it will be ready for a fuel cell, thanks for looking

hi Paul, Omaha was a great show, we had a great time, we might come up this year, I won't have this done but the wife has a new model she could enter, thanks for keeping tabs on the project

yea Chris, starting to get a little better at the soldering I think, switched to .015 silver bearing solder, I think it is easier to control, for me at least, thanks my friend

hey John, all ways appreciate your kind words brother, hope all is well your way

yea Ray it kinda sucks huh? thanks so much