Model Cars Magazine Forum

More Hudsons from Model King and Moebius!

Jon Cole

Two, to be precise!

First one you may have read Dave Van's announcement, but if not, here it is again:

Coming soon from the great folks at Model King and Moebius Models is another great stock car legend racer!! We are finalizing the decals and boxart for the Marshall Teague 1953 Hudson Hornet. Due later this year, as soon as we have a firm ETA we will post the info. The painting for this box was done by noted automotive artist Dan McCrary. The decal art and box graphics were done by myself. I will post decals and built prototype model as soon as they are complete.

PS....stay tuned.....we have more news soon!!!

53MarshallTeagueHudsonstockcar-vi.jpg

Now if that isn't enough, I just found this on another site:

If you missed your chance to get a Tim Flock Hudson you will be getting a second chance at the stock car kit.

The next Model King / Moebius kit will be the 1952 Marshall Teague Hudson stock car. Here's a peak at the new box art I've created. This kit will be available in 2 different versions. Dave Van has created decals for both the #6 and #1 cars. This one will have decals for the #6 gray car. The 1953 #1 black and white car will be available as a separate kit with different box art done by another artist.

52MarshallTeagueHudsonstockcar-vi.jpg

These are the best of times for model builders!

Will the '52 sedan be available in rep-stock, too?

Charlie Larkin

How much of a difference is there? The Tim Flock looked pretty close minus the stock wheel covers, but I am in no way close to evaluating the accuracy of it being FS.

I really like that box art for the new 52. Very dramatic.

The racing versions of the Moebius/MK Hudson kits are different than showroom stock kits. Yes...the wheels and tires are different. Aircraft type seat belts are added and the exhaust is side exit without mufflers. This is correct for 1952 and most all of 1953 as cars had to be 'stock'. Roll bars were not required for 'post' cars. The Moebius Chrysler 300 racing version has a roll hoop and rear seat delete.....but that started in late 1954-55.

Edited by Dave Van

If Model King / Moebius is doing this many diff variations on the Hudson, I can anticipate about that many '55 300's!

Maybe more race cars, but since the 300 was a 1-bodystyle only model, it's kind of limited. Unless they tool up a '56 or a '55 Windsor or New Yorker convertible or other bodystyle...

52MarshallTeagueHudsonstockcar-vi.jpg

I usually don't pay much attention to box art (I know, kind of weird for a graphic designer to not pay much attention to box art)... I guess I'm more interested in what's in the box than what's on it... but in this case I have to say this box cover really gets my attention. That is just plain cool.

I usually don't pay much attention to box art (I know, kind of weird for a graphic designer to not pay much attention to box art)... I guess I'm more interested in what's in the box than what's on it... but in this case I have to say this box cover really gets my attention. That is just plain cool.

DITTO!!

Edited by camaroman