Model Cars Magazine Forum

Perry's Resin

• 2 weeks later...

First of all I am not opening this thread to start a negative post. I would appreciate any bad thoughts be kept to one's self, or expressed elsewhere.

You can't expect people not to comment on this thread after what you've posted. First of all, that's the purpose of the forum to share good and bad experiences.

It's great to hear that you got your stuff and a few extras after only 20 months. Some of us know it doesn't take that long to cast clean bodies and parts. Sometimes, I'd rather avoid having to do the "harassment" as you stated.

I'm with Shane on this one. I'll have to keep looking as well. Thanks for sharing.

You can't expect people not to comment on this thread after what you've posted. First of all, that's the purpose of the forum to share good and bad experiences.

It's great to hear that you got your stuff and a few extras after only 20 months. Some of us know it doesn't take that long to cast clean bodies and parts. Sometimes, I'd rather avoid having to do the "harassment" as you stated.

I'm with Shane on this one. I'll have to keep looking as well. Thanks for sharing.

I just didn't want any "personal" attacks. I think it is good for others to share their experiences and offer advice. I had heard "Buyer Beware" when I asked around, but decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. I was extremely disappointed, and felt screwed over. Ten years ago I would have been ready to drive to Canada and get my money's worth. I told Randy if he came up with any more Fiats to send me one, and I'd send him the money after it was received. I guess I was trying to show that Randy realized his failure to complete the transaction, and "compensated" me for my patience. Yes, I heard many excuses, and would have four bodies if I had received all the ones that had been "sent". I was very leery to order, but it was the only source I had found for what I wanted. I even tried to buy a built up on e-Bay and it went for over a hundred dollars. Bottom line is perhaps there are too many irons in the fire for Randy, but I wanted to show he does have some morals. I could still be out $35.00 and empty handed. The items I received are very high quality, but even as good as the body is, I doubt seriously I would ever order again, but would gladly purchase his work in person.

Edited by Jimmy Wilson

Let me think about that one...

If he has too many irons in the fire to fill his orders, why is he trying to operate another business...

I guess gave up too early after mailing and calling him for over a year and a half. Never got what I paid for and that was over two years ago.

Yeah, I heard the lost in the mail story several times as well, but my money order got there OK

Glad you got your parts, there are others out there that never will.

Let me think about that one...

If he has too many irons in the fire to fill his orders, why is he trying to operate another business...

I guess gave up too early after mailing and calling him for over a year and a half. Never got what I paid for and that was over two years ago.

Yeah, I heard the lost in the mail story several times as well, but my money order got there OK

Glad you got your parts, there are others out there that never will.

Honestly I had not called him in several months, and had decided it was a write off. Then one day, there it was in the mailbox.

I wasn't trying to make excuses for him, and it is a shame because the items I received were really good quality. I also was not trying to make light of all the people whom may be still waiting for their orders after I received mine. I do feel he should not take orders if he can not fulfill them in a reasonable amount of time. I have seen posts of others whom have had slow delivery from other casters, and I can see how it would be easy to be overwhelmed with orders, and unable to fill them in a timely fashion. These are just my opinions, and not an endorsement of his business practices, nor am I trying to exonerate him for unfilled orders. I was very angry after six months were up, but there was nothing I could have done from Texas. Threats or foul language would have been fruitless, as were my quarterly calls.