Model Cars Magazine Forum

Time Machine Resin

What really upsets me is this guy has a bunch of items I'd actually like to get. I'll monitor the situation. If he begins to shape up, I'll order.

Otherwise, does he go to any shows, and if so, could I ask someone local to those shows to act as a proxy for me?

Charlie Larkin

• 2 months later...

I wish I had seen this section 4 months ago. I had placed an order for two 63 ford bodies. I had sent several emails and a month later Jeff replied that he'll have the items out in six weeks or he'll refund my purchase. I really wanted the bodies and relied on his word of six weeks.

Now it's been 4 months a two emails last week and still no word back........looks like my six weeks will be six months if I'm lucky. After seeing the comments here of over 15 months plus......

• 4 weeks later...

Check out Southern Motorsports and Hobbies - the Coronet body that I ordered from SMH was in stock and in my hands in less than two weeks. They offer a 1963 Ford Galaxy "boxtop" (sorry, I'm not Ford guy so don't know if "boxtop and "notch roof" are the same thing)

Just bought the 63 Galaxie from him but the shipping was $30 same as the body !! OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This casting better be nice

If that's the only way he'll ship, he's not really needing our business from north of the line. There's cheaper ways to send stuff here. Stay far away from that global shipping ripoff on eb.

mike

Thanks, Jeff; I do understand that hurry=$. For a hobby, I just can't justify that kind of coin, even for the great stuff you do. Just speaking from the position of not needing anything that badly and having a few hundred first class transactions go well. Sorry to sound like a one note johnny. Hope the kit is worth it :)

mike

Edited by mk11

I have a son with AS burgers . When he gets an idea , he decides things have to be immediate . Trying to teach this child that patience is an important life tool to me is about as frustrating to get city government to be "REASONABLE ! " .......................

I have noticed that the shipping costs may vary a lot. Sometimes when surfing in eBay, I find some Models and shipping cost to Finland....$50!!! :blink: Then I just placed an order to Teds Modeling Marketplace and from there, shipping to Finland was $ 10,40 which is very cheap price. I just wonder, how some of those can be $50 and then some are $10, even if the size of that package would be different...

Edited by W-409

I just wonder, how some of those can be $50 and then some are $10, even if the size of that package would be different...

Insurance is the big difference now between USPS First Class and Priority Mail service. With FIrst Class International, you cannot insure the package, but with Priority Mail you can, for a few dollars ($3.00 or so for a $30.00 item). International First Class includes delivery confirmation, so it's not as big a risk as it once was.

A $10 item is less of a risk to ship internationally than a $70 resin kit, so the value of what's being shipped has to be factored in, too.

Thanks Casey! That is new information for me and makes perfectly sense. Here in Finland, you just pay the 8 Euros (Approximately) and hope the best, was it then a regular, cheap kit or an expensive resin kit or something. Well it's very rare that a package gets lost or broken during the transport, but sometimes it happens.

its also for the protection of the seller. without a tracking number, the buyer can get his money back from paypal, and the seller is out the item plus whatever shipping costs and if its an ebay sale it can cost you bad feedback

That's perfectly understandable. Depends on your previous experiences. Fortunately I've never had to leave any negative feedback on any deals and as I'm willing to not hang responsibilty for a lost first class shipping on the sender and take my chances for recourse with system I appreciate those sellers willing to play ball.

I would take my chances with the $13 rate, Never had a problem in the past

Maybe your seller has had problems leading him to impose the high rate. Let us know if it was worth it ... Probably won't be seeing any orders from this direction anyways :)

mike