Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey Hans aka Modellpularn......

Guest zebm1

Guest zebm1

I just bought a copy of Scale Auto Racing, Vol. 28 #2, Issue #216, Feb '07. On page 28, there is a racing report by Matthias Parke, Hamburg, Germany(Hard Body Highway) about a clubtrack called SRC-Northland. Is this tha Nascar racetrack that yu were talking about in yur other thread?

A 5-lane slot-track?

Zeb

• 3 weeks later...

Yes Zeb, that's the one! I've been there four times with my friends to race the Northland 500. Matthias Parke is the NASCAR Champion, he wins the race every year!. It's his home track, so I guess he has a lot of laps under his belt, thousands by now.... I managed to finish 2nd in 2004, but after that lucky year it's all gone downhill! But last year wasn't all bad, 'cus one of my friends finished in 2nd place, and yet another friend qualified in pole position. But his car also slowed down. Hmmm.... We will most likely go there again this summer. I need to prepare my car, the Rusty Wallace Dodge some more, and do some "minor adjustments"... That's an expression Juha Airio likes to use, and it usually involves rebuilding or scratchbuilding something like the front suspension or so.... :roll: