Model Cars Magazine Forum

SN95 build thread (in conjunction with the FOX thread)

whale392

OK guys, since considerable interest was shown in the FOX CBP/open ended thread for inclusion of the FOX4 cars/SN95 platform, I have decided to open a second thread for these cars. All SN95s are welcome here; 1994-2004 Mustangs and their derivatives (Cobras, Cobra-Rs, Bullitts, Mach 1s, GTSs, Saleens, Roushes). Go for it guys, make this your new SN95 home!

Edited by whale392

Mike, if you wanna get rid of one of those Tamiya Cobra R's, let me know....

I have a few SN95s- a Monogram 94 Indy Pace Car, AMT 95 Cobra, Revell 99 Cobra, and one of the Saleen Speedsters that hasn't had any parts stolen yet. If this is an open-ended deal, I'll post progress of any of those here. I'd say they're all back burner projects, but that would be a lie since they're not even on the stove at this point. I plan on doing the 99 as a replica of a friend's black stock 99 Cobra, and the Indy Pace Car will be exactly that, to go along with the 79 I plan on doing eventually.

Sure bums me out that only one New Edge car was done. We need a Bullitt, Mach I, Terminator, Cobra R, and GT to go along with that lonely 99 Cobra.

Yeah,this should be an open ended cbp,just like the Fox Chassis sister thread :D

Maindrain Pace-Nice collection,my friend! I don't have that many of em,but I'm getting there,LOL! I need to find another '99 Cobra or 3,when the old house burned back in June,the 2 I had were kinda melted,LOL! I got's time though,they're not too hard to find (just have to find one when the wife isn't with me to say :What!? ANOTHER kit???" :P:rolleyes: )

Good to see this start to get some traffic! I fully intend this to remain open-ended, just like the FOX thread.

Mike, your SN collection looks like my FOX collection! I have about 2/3rds of your SNs in my stash, but will admit to using them to update/detail my FOXes.

OK Rick, idea time here. Since those wheels do have center caps covering the lug area, have you looked at modifying a set of the 1979-mid84 TRX wheels? The TRX had similar spoke pattern, only were convex versus concave. Some work with a hobby knife and a motor tool could get you close enough to a working prototype and subsequent resin copies.

I wish I could scratch build the parts I need to replicate what I want to do on my car. ....Unfortunately mine has has been down three years, Im buying parts to rebuild a 98 8.8 rear end right now.

JC09131446.jpg

I just noticed those Shelby style "side scoops". Where did you find them? I could use a set on my '99.

Tony

I may get in on this one after I finish my Glue Bomb Invitational build. I have a '99 Cobra that I want to convert into a GT convertible to match my real car and I have a '98 Cobra (crappy Boyd's issue) that I want to build as a stripped out drag car. Plus, it's been a while since I've built a Mustang of any kind. It's definitely time to do one!