Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Absolutely love those Falcons - I had a 1969 version that if you looked real close, you could read the odometer (all zeroes!). Great job by AMT.

Question is, why didn't the kit come with a stock version in '68 or '69? Was there a stock version in '66-'67?

This kit can be built " stock " or custom , I'm sure the '69 kit can be too . :)

Absolutely love those Falcons - I had a 1969 version that if you looked real close, you could read the odometer (all zeroes!). Great job by AMT.

Question is, why didn't the kit come with a stock version in '68 or '69? Was there a stock version in '66-'67?

Yes to 66 and 67 stock versions.

That '68 is great - my favorite year for box art too.

I got the Camaro Kammback today, I've had the Firebird version for awhile but never seen the Camaro before I laid eyes on this one.

camaro_zps99f1aeff.jpg

I've been workin on a Kamback Firebird and I put an older style nose on it from a revell 1/24th scale 1970 Trans Am kit. I tried doing the same putting a camaro nose on one of my Airfix versions of this kit but it never looked right. If I had the Camaro version, I'd still have to replace that mal formed nose.

Are those self-stick tags, Tom, or the put-in-a-sleeve type?

Charlie Larkin

They are self stick tags. We were actually looking to get them in rolls, but only found a company that would print them in sheets. I guess if you brought your own sleeve type holder, you could just slide it in there without taking the back off!

I've been workin on a Kamback Firebird and I put an older style nose on it from a revell 1/24th scale 1970 Trans Am kit. I tried doing the same putting a camaro nose on one of my Airfix versions of this kit but it never looked right. If I had the Camaro version, I'd still have to replace that mal formed nose.

I've been thinking about back dating the Firebird and putting a 77/78 front on it, just personal preference but I think they looked the best out of all the fronts.

I'm already working on the '50's Ford p/u with the flathead; ain't my cup 'o tea but it's for a contest. Yesterday I got a mint, sealed Dobbertin J-2000 Pontiac Pro Street kit, last week got a Matt & Debby Hays Pro Street T-Bird (sealed) and I'm waiting on a '57 Chevy Soff Seal top sportsman mint in wrap. Can you tell I'm into pro-street, pro-mod, top sportsman? :rolleyes: Thanks to the 14" of snow we just got, I'm still waiting on braided line, fittings and rubber tubing from Teds and some resin items from SMBC.

I'd like to know for reals what the collector's value of an unopened Dobbertin kit is. I got it for under $40 from a reputable 100% Ebayer and I've seen them listed in the $70 range. There's a Chevy Beretta '88 twin turbo I think that someone who will remain anonymous is try to get over $100 for just because it's molded in orange and not the traditional black. To me, that don't make it collectible. Just like the Hays Pro Street which is molded in pink, there's gonna be a lot of priming and sanding to get paint coverage! :lol:

I'd like to know for reals what the collector's value of an unopened Dobbertin kit is. I got it for under $40 from a reputable 100% Ebayer and I've seen them listed in the $70 range. There's a Chevy Beretta '88 twin turbo I think that someone who will remain anonymous is try to get over $100 for just because it's molded in orange and not the traditional black.

I wouldn't be paying goofy money for any kit that's been issued (or repopped) in say the past 20 years. All that tooling exists today and it's just a matter of time before it is reissued. And it's usually reissued right after you pay goofy money!

Edited by Tom Geiger

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...