Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Came in this AM. Nice kit, a few issues...and not really the ones everyone has been howling about. Tons of parts for building other stuff, great value. :D

Image result for revell 30 ford coupe

I may end up snatching one of these for myself, this and the '29. They look like nice kits.

I may end up snatching one of these for myself, this and the '29. They look like nice kits.

I recommend them both highly. There is just so much you can do with these as a starting point, I have more ideas than I'll probably live long enough to build. ;)

Nothing's perfect, but Revell has given us some GREAT traditional hot-rod and custom kits in the recent past...and the 50+ year-old Revell kits are still relevant and of fine quality too.

So, upon further inspection here is what I can identify and some areas where I'll need help identifying things.

63 Chrysler Imperial, AMT 40 Ford, 36 Ford, 60 EL Camino w/ partial trailer, 63 Buick Electra 225, 64 Pontiac LeMans, Beatnik Bandit body, 66 Falcon Futura, badly abused Orange Crate, 2 1/32 scale 36 Fords, 64 El camino w/ Wescraft boat, Ala Kart, early 60's (64?) Barracuda, 65 "The Boss" Mustang , 63 Vette, 56 Ford Fairlane and an original 69 (molded on the bumpers) Dick Landy Charger with the screw bottom and clear hood.

I also have a 63-65 Riviera, an early 60's Chrysler Imperial "El Camino" and a 58 Tbird with the Futura Bubbletop.

Later-  

20160711_194638.jpg

20160711_194654.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr

Actually Steve, when I went to pick them up the guy gave them to me for free! Where did you get the hood for your LeMans? This one is missing the hood.

Later- 

Well, you sure can't beat that price!

Looks like you will be searching for a lot of hoods.

I'm sure that you will be "not" happy to hear that the hood for the LeMans came from Modelhaus! :(

Steve

These followed me home from a hobby shop within walking distance of the Walmart I was delivering to in Elyria OH yesterday. 

That's what happens when I finally had both a few extra minutes on the load and a little extra money in my wallet!  (rofl) There isn't really much difference between the two with the only differences I have found in a quick glance through so far being a slightly different steering wheel and the season 4 dash has one large TV monitor instead of 2 small ones in the season 1's dash, and a little different front bumper. I was hoping the season 4 had the option for the Super Pursuit Mode but it is another  separate kit, this season 4 builds only the "stock" KITT so the SPM KITT is still on my wish list. Of course, depending on the differences, one of these just may take an evil turn and become KARR! 

So, upon further inspection here is what I can identify and some areas where I'll need help identifying things.

63 Chrysler Imperial, AMT 40 Ford, 36 Ford, 60 EL Camino w/ partial trailer, 63 Buick Electra 225, 64 Pontiac LeMans, Beatnik Bandit body, 66 Falcon Futura, badly abused Orange Crate, 2 1/32 scale 36 Fords, 64 El camino w/ Wescraft boat, Ala Kart, early 60's (64?) Barracuda, 65 "The Boss" Mustang , 63 Vette, 56 Ford Fairlane and an original 69 (molded on the bumpers) Dick Landy Charger with the screw bottom and clear hood.

I also have a 63-65 Riviera, an early 60's Chrysler Imperial "El Camino" and a 58 Tbird with the Futura Bubbletop.

Later-  

20160711_194638.jpg

20160711_194654.jpg

SWEET...!  I see a few in there that would make me happy....nice score..!

I recommend them both highly. There is just so much you can do with these as a starting point, I have more ideas than I'll probably live long enough to build. ;)

Nothing's perfect, but Revell has given us some GREAT traditional hot-rod and custom kits in the recent past...and the 50+ year-old Revell kits are still relevant and of fine quality too.

I may need to acquire some other kits first, then see if there is anything in these latest kits that will benefit the others. I have no intention of doing any fender-less cars, so these kits will just be a source for new parts, but parts I may not even need. I'll have to look into it more, that's for sure.

Picked up this neat little tool with a coupon at Michael's:

360120.jpg

Looks like it'll come in very handy for fine, close grinding work where the Dremel is too big. It has a good amount of torque for something that runs on 3 volts; the info I've found says it runs at 15,000 RPM. Downside is it uses 3/32" bits (held by a set screw) instead of standard 1/8". I may see if I can run it on 1.5 volts and try to make some sort of adapter to use tiny drill bits.

Probably no surprise for those who know me but I bought another Cobra kit. I have also ordered a Kyosho Daytona Cobra body kit from Japan. Plans call for me to try and use some parts from this kit to assemble a Daytona Cobra in 1/24 scale.

Nothing special but I found this for $10 on clearance. After doing the Chevy Bison (posted in the big rig section) with my special needs grandson I needed another project for us to work on. This should fit the bill very well. Just got find another set of DOH decals

5786c41bc5c9b_!B-mtNQwB2k-(KGrHqMOKjsEzI

Edited by Jon Haigwood

My scores from this weekends Keller Kit Show in Buena Park, CA

KKS07_zpsxuko9vuv.jpg

KKS071_zpsutesykok.jpg

Scored an MPC bike and Dodge 4X4 Suspension Parts

KKS073_zpshipd1tmb.jpg

Scored a 1/12th Tamiya Z built up, a Scarab, an MPC Charger III and a couple of Snap Together Drag cars from Revell 

KKS072_zpsoiihsb05.jpg

Jesse you always find some really neat models and extras. I bet you have a great stash....

Jesse you always find some really neat models and extras. I bet you have a great stash....

I guess I am luckier than most with some stuff, but, I do dig for it and that is how you find it! And I need to start thinning the stash, it is growing too big again! LOL! 

Well, to be honest, there are three Mustangs. One of the boxes came with two kits in it!! And it was cheaper than the single kit! 

Very cool. The only thing better are the Tamiya kits, but they're quite pricey. I have one here in the stash that I received as a gift a few months back.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...