Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pictures From American Car Events In Finland.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Matija!

What's the deal with American Car Culture in Croatia?

Pics from Cruising in our Capital, Helsinki.

DSCN3742.JPG?img=small

And pictures from a Street Race that was organized in Hyvinkää Airport. It was mostly for street cars, so there was no track glue or anything, that's why it was slippery. But some cars had no big problems with the traction, this Blown Duster went low 11s.

Here's the Link for all pics.

DSCN4205.JPG?img=img900

This Fairlane had bit traction problems... Sometimes it went tires smoking to the 1/8th mile mark. But this time the car didn't go straight, but luckily it stayed on the track.

DSCN4157.JPG?img=img900

DSCN4158.JPG?img=img900

On the next pass it didn't smoke those tires that much and it went 12,0.

This was pretty wild Chevy II.

DSCN4123.JPG?img=img900

This '55 Packard Custom "Junkyard K" is a legendary Finnish Custom that was built in the '80s. It went 15 second runs with other tire smoking.

DSCN4197.JPG?img=img900

Edited by W-409

Thanks Matti and yes, it was nice to see that Legendary Packard on the track and I actually suprised to see how well it went. And yes, sure post your pics too, they are top notch quality and from a bit different Cruisings and Events as mine, so feel free to show them ;) !

Here are a couple of Videos from NNC Street Slide.

First '67 Plymouth Vip is doing some Test Runs. Because of the slippery track, he left with almost no turbo boost. Still it ran 10 second ETs. Last year it went 7,957 on the Final race, below is a video of that one too.

Edited by W-409

And here a Four Door Fairlane runs its best ET of the day. Only run where it didn't smoke the tires to half track.

Blower Powered Chevy II runs 11,444 despite those Traction problems at the start.

Edited by W-409

Then Timo Kaisla is testing his "Mord" that is Mopar powered Ford Mondeo.

And last Ken Nyman runs one pass with his Chevelle.

Can't get these videos work on one post. Needs to put two in one post instead...

Okay here's some pics what I took from local cruising called "Lahti Cruising". Lots of nice cars and weather was perfect. Could be more pics but my cameras battery run out of power. So I could not took videos from burnouts etc. But here's one teaser...

IMG_2185_zps6ea5f687.jpg

...and more pics here http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Mazaa54/library/Lahti%20Cruising%202013-08-06?sort=3&page=1

Edited by ChevyCoupe41

Thanks Matija!

What's the deal with American Car Culture in Croatia?

There are some American car enthusiasts here, but very few in comparison... Just recently, we had the largest traditional gathering of American cars in Croatia, and there couldn't have been more than 50 cars in total, including visitors from Slovenia, Hungary and Austria... There are more cars in Croatia, but people just don't have that much enthusiasm... :(

Might put some pics up later ;)

At least you got something in there, a few of those southern Europe countries I've visited have had almost no American Cars, or at least I haven't seen them. Yeah, pics, sure! I'd really like to see them.

Nice pics from Matti, too! The camera power sounds very typical... :rolleyes:

Edited by W-409

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Thanks Matti. Nice video, too. :)

I just remembered that I haven't posted new pics in a long time. Well, here we go:

First some Drag Racing:

FHRA Nitro Nationals that is an European Championship Event. Here's our team's Race Report: http://lindstromracing.proboards.com/thread/5/fhra-nitro-nationals-2013

DSCN4933.JPG?img=img900

DSCN4729.JPG?img=img900

All Pictures.

Then another Drag Race Event at Kalajoki Airport. This is the place where I drove my License... B) Race Report can be found Here.

DSCN5342.JPG?img=img900

DSCN5412.JPG?img=small

(This Malibu in the second picture is a Legendary Street Racer that was built here in Finland from an old Taxi somewhere in the 1980s).

All Pictures.

Then something else as well.... Forssa Pick Nick.

DSCN5780.JPG?img=img900

DSCN5797.JPG?img=img900

All Pics.

• 7 months later...

After a long break (I forgot this thread existed!) I have more pics to post in here.

I think a good one to begin with would be the first Vantaa Cruising Night of 2014. It took place in April and there were lots and lots of cars. I bet it was the record number of cars in April's Cruise Night. Many people decided to "test drive" their new tires, and there were lots of big and smoky burnouts as well. Here are a few pictures first:

DSCN1681.JPG?img=img900

DSCN1708.JPG?img=img900

52.jpg?img=img900

32.jpg?img=img900

Here is a Link to the full Picture Gallery.

And a Burnout video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RirlKkKJiaM

Unfortunately I missed Vantaa Cruising Night in May as it was at the same time as the first Drag Race event of the season. In June the Cruising Night was at Midsummer, so lots of people were on their summer cottages and there were less people as usual. Still lots of cool cars were present and there were some smoky burnouts, too.

Here is a link to the full Gallery.

Burnout Video feacturing for example 1955 Chevrolet, '69 Charger, Chevy Caprice etc.

DSCN4409.JPG?img=img900

DSCN4555.JPG?img=img900

37.JPG?img=img900

11.JPG?img=img900

• 3 weeks later...

Here are pics of the third Vantaa Cruising from 2014 that I visited in. Unfortunately I missed a couple of Cruise Nights because of Drag Racing, but the next time I was at Vantaa was in September. There were lots of cool cars, but unfortunately after the first burnout by a Big Block powered '78 Malibu, the cops arrived. They spent a couple of hours at the Cruising, but it didn't take long time after they left and it was time to burn rubber again.

Full Picture Gallery.

Burnout Video. Featuring for example Plymouth Valiant blowing up the tires and doing burnouts & donuts, a brutal Twin Turbo Chevy Pickup burnout on the 3rd gear, 10 second Ford Torino doing a great burnout etc etc.

DSCN9371.JPG?img=img900

DSCN9403.JPG?img=img900

DSCN9455.JPG?img=img900

3.JPG?img=img900

I hope you enjoy looking at these. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Probably the last Vantaa Cruising Night was on Friday. It was cold and the temperature went below the freezing point, but there were more cars than usually in October. There were some smoky Burnouts, too.

Full Picture Gallery.

Burnout Video. Featuring for example low 10 second Dodge Dart Swinger with Pro Charger, low 10 second Brutal Twin Turbo Chevy Pickup doing two massive Burnouts, a couple of Plymouth Valiants and a Dodge Monaco etc etc!

DSCN0213.JPG?img=img900

DSCN0188.JPG?img=img900

Thanks Ben!

If you mean this Firebird...

DSCN0229.JPG?img=img900

DSCN0230.JPG?img=img900

...It's been looking pretty much like that for a long time. It was one of the Fastest Street Cars in Finland in the late 1980s. It looks still pretty much the same. I don't know what engine it had back then, but now it's powered by a Big Block Chevy. Here is a picture of it at Kauhajoki Street Race in 1987. http://superbird.kuvat.fi/kuvat/1987/Kauhajoki+Street+Race/IMG_0011_NEW.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The second FHRA Swap of the year was held in September. The weather was better so of course there were more American Cars than there were in March. Here is a link to the Picture Gallery.

And here is a Teaser Shot:

DSCN9738.JPG?img=img900

Also here are a few pictures from Rekola Cruising Night in May 2014. This is one of those smaller Cruise Nights, but there were some really cool cars present anyway. Picture Gallery.

DSCN3131.JPG?img=img900