Model Cars Magazine Forum

Teresi: "Dyno Drags" Semi-Truck

John, I've seen a few of your other builds. Every time I think "He can't possibly outdo THIS one", and every time you prove me wrong! If I lived out in your neck of the woods, I'd ask for your address so I could come shake your hand... Maybe some of that talent would rub off! Alas, I'm here on the right coast and you're out there in Cali, so that's not gonna happen anytime soon... Keep on proving me wrong, buddy! :)

Edited by CorvairJim

why, you would be able to tell its a model just by the missing steering shaft alone.

thank you for your observation......forgot to put it on.......the kit came without the steering shaft........it was on my to do list........completely forgot..........thanks for the help.

Edited by John Teresi

Absolutely amazing, John.

Every time I think you've topped out, you come back with an even more incredible build than before.

I'm still shaking my head over the Bentley ... and now this!

By the way. All the heavy commercial builders in the Southwest want to thank you for sending this model to your dad in Florida. They said they didn't want to face it on the table at Desert Scale Classic 9! :P

B)

Please don't take my comments in the wrong way. First workmanship excellent, second attention to detail great, finally overall appearence nice. But a masterpiece no, the best truck model ever no, distinguishable from the 1;1 yes. Nice work on the graphics and some fine scratch building. The Aeromax/Columbia hybrid just detracts from an otherwise excellent model. I realize there are no models of a Freightliner Columbia in 24/25th scale but I bet you have the skills to fab one up. Giving the model to your father was a great gesture. Again please don't take my comments the wrong way I mean them in the best way.

I like what youve done,a lot

Please don't take my comments in the wrong way. First workmanship excellent, second attention to detail great, finally overall appearence nice. But a masterpiece no, the best truck model ever no, distinguishable from the 1;1 yes. Nice work on the graphics and some fine scratch building. The Aeromax/Columbia hybrid just detracts from an otherwise excellent model. I realize there are no models of a Freightliner Columbia in 24/25th scale but I bet you have the skills to fab one up. Giving the model to your father was a great gesture. Again please don't take my comments the wrong way I mean them in the best way.

:unsure::blink::wacko::unsure::blink:

intresting

Edited by mistermodel

I'm pretty sure this was his first semi, and I would like to see you do better.

Semi.jpg

Looks pretty good to me, only minor imperfections that anybody could miss. Overall, I would say this is the best model I have ever seen, nobody can make a perfect model.

Semi.jpg

Looks pretty good to me, only minor imperfections that anybody could miss. Overall, I would say this is the best model I have ever seen, nobody can make a perfect model.

I'm sorry I just can't get past the Ford Aeromax/Freightliner Columbia hybrid it just detracts from an otherwise beautiful model. I don't consider it a minor issue. Excuse me for being honest. If he put a Ford emblem on a Chevy to represent a Ford 1 to 1 subject no matter how nicely built and detailed everybody would point it out. Like I said over all a beautiful model. Funny very few comments on this thread are from truck modelers. I welcome comments on my work good or bad it helps me to improve. Like I said my comments are meant with best intentions not as a cut down he clearly is very talented.

There are few trucker comments because this thread was originally in the "Under Glass" area. Do you realize the amount of work put into this model, only to comment that he should have completely scratch-built the truck itself.

Here's the WIP thread so you can see just how much work was done:http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55409

And for the record, I'm sure nobody would complain if you took a Chevy and turned it into a Ford that is similar. Actually, I'm pretty sure things like that have been done before.

There are few trucker comments because this thread was originally in the "Under Glass" area. Do you realize the amount of work put into this model, only to comment that he should have completely scratch-built the truck itself.

Here's the WIP thread so you can see just how much work was done:http://www.modelcars...showtopic=55409

And for the record, I'm sure nobody would complain if you took a Chevy and turned it into a Ford that is similar. Actually, I'm pretty sure things like that have been done before.

First off I stand by my comments. Second I'm sorry for my honesty. Third the thread's been here all day where are the comments from truck modelers other than a few of us? Fourth I understand how much work was put in this model and I compliment him for it. Fifth I didn't say he should've scratch built the whole truck I commented that he has the skills to do a non existing kit. Sixth it is a beautiful model but it is not perfect as so many commented. Again I say he built a beautiful model and is clearly very skilled and by no means am I cutting him down I'm just giving my honest opinion. And for the record put headlights and a grille from a 67 galaxie on a 67 pontiac and say you built a model of a 67 galaxie and say no one will say anything. They are similiar shaped cars but I guarantee you'll hear about it. By the way Mr Teresi please accept my comments in the spirit I intended you're clearly a talented builder and I would like to see you do another big rig subject.

Nobody can make a perfect model, well I disagree, either you only look at this forum, or you don't research any subjects at all, here is someone that is the

best and builds a perfect model..... and from the 60's before all the modern machinery, all hand fabricated, and far surpasses Gerald Wingrove

Read the whole story, and then look at what he has achieved with old school talent ferrari every part hand made, and if this doesn't sway you then try this one, 15, 000 hours work builds something spectacular Model Engineers—Louis Chenot

What a lot of people do not realise, it is not a race to see who can build the most, but a hobby that lets you build your skills as you build, the more time and effort you put into some thing, the better it will be, it does truely amaze's me of what people can achieve when they have talent, or encouragement

Would have to agree,