Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1957 Chevrolet 150 Utility Sedan - Finished!

RandyB.

After building my recently posted 1957 Ford Custom Tudor I have decided to go with another entry-level vehicle. This time I am going with the Revell 1957 Chevrolet 150 Utility Sedan. This will be one of those "no frills, maximum bang for the buck" vehicles. This build will sport the 283 Fuelie with blackwall tires and dog dish hubcaps....nothing fancy...bland but with performance or if you prefer, a sleeper! As with my '57 Ford this also will be one colour..no two-tone. I have already painted this one in Model Master factory colour "Tropical Turquoise" and it will have the standard gray interior. Stay tuned for more progress.

Pictures301.jpg

Pictures297.jpg

Edited by RandyB.

Nice color. I haven't seen this design for MM paint on the shelf. Is the color new?

Thanks guys...I'm looking forward to this build. Tony...I have had great luck with enamel paints, you just have to be a little more careful when applying.

Tim......I didn't realize this paint was enamel until I looked at the pic that I had posted of the can. I had already painted the model thinking it was lacquer. I have used this colour before but it was lacquer not enamel so I assumed this was the same. Oh well, I applied it like it was lacquer and it turned okay.......I guess I didn't need to primer it first.

Great work! I love the rear seat delete option. I was just thinking that we'll see a lot of those in scale, but I've only seen one in 1:1 in real life. Back probably 20 years ago someone had restored a absolute bare bones car and had it at the Englishtown, NJ show. It had a six, manual trans, no power anything, radio delete and the business coupe rear seat delete. I was happy that they restored it that way to show what actually existed in the day, rather than hot rodding it and distorting history!

Thanks Tom. I can say I have never seen a 1:1 without the backseat. Actually I'm not sure if I have ever seen a 150...most of the ones you see are Bel Airs!

Anyway, I finally got back to the bench and got the BMF on the body. I don't mind foiling these entry-level vehicles...only took me about an hour to do this one!

BMF1-1.jpg

BMF2-1.jpg

Yes! She's lookin' good! I've been looking to create a business coupe base car as a Gas / Electric Company meter reader's car in honor of my late Uncle Dan, who died last year at 91. The only job he ever had was working for Public Service Gas company as a meter reader. Did it for some 40 years before retiring. I originally thought about doing so with the new '57 Ford kit, but I'd have to delete the seat and buy a resin six for it. I have the plastic 6 for the '57 Chevy, no problem. As you can see, I have the decals all figured out.

IMG_2751-vi.jpg

Looks like an interesting project Tom.

Thanks guys for the fine comments so far.

Well after looking through my reference pics I have noticed that the hubcaps were in need of a blackwash treatment. Not sure how I missed this the first time. Here are the pics with the blackwash applied to the hubcaps.

Engine pics to follow later today.

Tires1.jpg

Edited by RandyB.