Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 454SS paper to plastic

texasfunk

I would leave the camaro top off, but thats my opinion, you build it the way you want to.

yea..opinions mean alot to me. :lol: thanx for the feedback. we decided on another forum also..its a no go now..after i did a bit more molding and really looked at it..it didnt sit by me. so its gone. :P

truck is looking really good.... love the 4-link rear and custom interior :lol:

thanx homie. theres alot of people just raise the ear end and put bags. neve anything tht in real life would hold it in place. its a pet peeve of mine. lol. thanx for the good words bro.

did some work on the truck.

109_2072.jpg

109_2073.jpg

109_2074.jpg

i used the body of a pen. (thanx dropped@birth for the idea) and i capped the ends with styrene. i drilled a small hole in the bottom and put in a saringe (spell check. lol) i heated up the cap ends then added pressure to bubble it out. :angry: now..add some putty and smooth. now i gt an air tank. :P

got a little done to the truck last nite. i made a hinge for the bed cover..and put a swing stand on it..although..it looks a little thick now..i may remake it..let me kno what you guys think.

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture022.jpg

im also thinking about sending this to someone to get painted. im afraid after all this work to do it with rattle cans..and get dirt in it..because i dnt have a booth. let me know whats up guys. thanx for looking..any and all comments welcome.

:D Txfnk, are you gonna use the glass to make the A-pillars. It looks pretty good so far,but won't those woofers kinda make you deaf after a while?Wat color is it gonna be?Keep it up, looks like it'll be REAL interesting. :lol:

haha..yea..im thinkin about just using the glass and puttin some plastic behind it..but..i was also thinking of making a windshield frame..but i am unsure. first time opening doors up. lol. and yea..it probably would..i got the idea from a bunch of trucks at a recent car show..the trucks are done by HILLS HOTRODS..and they have amazing interior work! thanx for all the kind words. :)

and its going to be like this

100_1012.jpg

S6300098.jpg

ok..when i first cut the door..i had NO idea what i was doing. lol..first time ever opening up doors. i was so frustrated..i put it on back burner..and started the silverado..afte i jambed it..i decided to try this one again..and ######..its nothing like that one. i have looked at my 1:1 454 ss so many tims..and came up with this..turns out my trouble was..the chassis..i forgot the floor is molded in..and the interior bucket has a floor too..so..i notched the chassis a bit..and put the jambs on the inteior bucket. i got a few moe gaps to fill..but those are easier. let me know what u guys think of this...its in rough stages..but let me know what i could do to make it better.

100_2184.jpg

100_2185.jpg

100_2186.jpg

100_2187.jpg

100_2188.jpg

100_2189.jpg

100_2190.jpg

thanx for looking. any and all comments welcome. :

• 2 weeks later...