Model Cars Magazine Forum

post apocalyptic community build

Blake Rogers

• 2 weeks later...

i have an idea where i'm going with mine.

going to use the 55 pro sportsman body and throw on a monster truck chassis, get some missile launchers, a tripod mounted gatling gun, smaller guns, armor, and some other stuff.

i'll get most of the stuff for it at a later time as i'm putting all my efforts into the import drag build.

Wow, this kind of build is dear to my heart ever since Tommy May and Pat Covert in Alabama got everyone going crazy with these kinds of builds. This is just what the doctor ordered. Count me in, in fact, I'm already got something started which I think is going to be a nice addition to my TOOTHLESS ZOMBIE HUNTER squad of vehicles, which include so far the following:

IMG_0009-vi.jpg

IMG_0010-vi.jpg

IMG_6527-vi.jpg

IMG_6525-vi.jpg

All right, so I got started a couple of days ago with this:

Here we go: TOOTHLESS ZOMBIE HUNTER (thanks to the 49 Revell Merc!)

IMG_2422-vi.jpg

This build is going to have lots of components that are magnetized so that the model will end up with lots of different options to play with . . .

IMG_2423-vi.jpg

IMG_2424-vi.jpg

Plastikote black primer is the better option here for a good base coat to provide the impending panel shadows . ..

IMG_2448-vi.jpg

And a selection of all the different weapon options that will be used on the field . . . (Thanks to Warhammer 40K bits!)

IMG_2449-vi.jpg

Here are some snapshots of the different possibilities . . .

IMG_2451-vi.jpg

IMG_2452-vi.jpg

IMG_2454-vi.jpg

Okay broke out the airbrush and started to lay down the rust coats . . .

IMG_2457-vi.jpg

IMG_2458-vi.jpg

Then after adding salt and masking liquid, this is the result:

IMG_2460-vi.jpg

Most of the vehicles I build are desert, post-nuke inspired (TERMINATOR SALVATION & DEATH RACE style)so chipped paint is a must:

IMG_2461-vi.jpg

Hi, Harry--I had surgery at the beginning of the year, but all is well now . . . and I was finally able to sit at the bench for prolonged periods of time.

Thanks for the comments . . . I hope more folks join in this build. It's really set up to let your imagination run wild!!! :lol:

Hi, Harry--I had surgery at the beginning of the year, but all is well now . . . and I was finally able to sit at the bench for prolonged periods of time.

Sure is good to have you back. Glad to know you're A-ok and back to building. We missed you around here.

I think it's high time that ###### Cranky makes another appearance in the magazine... :lol: