Model Cars Magazine Forum

a CBP proposal Mad Max 4: Fury Road, build the next Interceptor

Lownslow

This is the kit il be using for my build,it is some what simular in shape to the aussie XB coupe.

And many people thought this was what was used. I understand that the Aussie designers used the "best bits" of several designs to come up with that series. The Mustang style hood was adoped by the XB model. That hood became popular over here for a while, and customizers started grafting it to everything. Sometimes it looked good, but there is something fundamentally wrong with a Holden/Chev with one grafted on. It looked weird.

Finally made a start on my build.

So far ive filled in side marker lights.

Shaved the side vents and door locks.

Removed mold lines.

Rescribed door and boot/trunk gaps.

Block sanded the body.

Next up is to get the ride height set and start work on the engine.

roughmockup-1.jpg

Edited by Cool Hand

little update on my build

after i converted it to run on propane we noticed that even with the trunklid removed the tanks still poked up a bit

to keep from stray bullets sending my to kingdom come i decided to weld up and enclosement

(ill ad mesh later)

on a side note, im really excited to add this little part on here...it is a wink back to the car max drove in the road warrior (chin spoiler up next)

before you look at these pics i want you to remember that when we welded these plates on there i did not have time to weld it like i usually do (normally my welds look like rolls of quarters)

1329268878.jpg

1329268770.jpg

1329268641.jpg

whats that ?

whats with the gymbag you ask?

well, i was thinking of working out later on tonight...working on keeping some punk out off my car ;)

1329268532.jpg

I don't feel my build fits in at all with the TZH build so I'm going to post it here as long as no one disapproves.

One could say this build doesn't fit here either because its Pre-Apocalyptic as opposed to the Post but, it is Mad Max all the way so Onward and upward.

IMG_1111.jpg

Now when everyone thinks of the Mad Max cars they always think of the Black Falcon. I decided I'm going to try and make this one into something more like its lesser known and more colorful cousins.

friends91.jpg

Here are more shots of the kit parts.

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

If you want to see a more detailed and colorful look at this build click the link http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54215