Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius International Lonestar Sleeper Cab

If there was ever a truck kit deserving of "Kit of the Year" this kit well deserves it. Thank you Dave Metzner, Art Anderson and Moebius for a great kit of a new truck.

Amen, Brother!

It is one spectacular kit.

UNQUESTIONABLY the finest big rig kit ever produced. Bar none.

Bring 'em on, builders!

:(

Got my Lonestar in the mail today and I've been ogling it all night at work. All I can say is wow! It's not just the amazing detail of the new tooling but also the little things like the full-color instructions and the protective slips in the chrome bags.

This kit is a without-a-doubt home run. I'm almost ashamed that a ham-fisted ape like me is going to have a chance to build one.

All we need now is a good round of sprue tree and kit content pictures!

John Dezan gave us all a photographic rundown of the Lonestar kit in the Model Trucks Forum on this site, starting right after NNL-East, where I gave him the very first preproduction sample kit to reach private hands. Check it out!

Art

John Dezan gave us all a photographic rundown of the Lonestar kit in the Model Trucks Forum on this site, starting right after NNL-East, where I gave him the very first preproduction sample kit to reach private hands. Check it out!

Art

I just recieved corrected test shots of the Hudson kit from Dave Metzer on Friday, 5/27--looks to me as if all the major issues have been addressed!

Art Anderson

• 3 months later...

My Lonestar kit arrived today, bought from model car express, he is one of the few that are selling the kit a decent price.

Anyway, my first thought when I opened the box was, WOW!!, very nice, I cant wait to get started on it in the next few minutes. Moebius did a great job with this kit, I think they found a good balance of molded in and separate parts. I love the full color instruction book, but I do have a small compliant about it, well ok two.

One is I dont like that the paint keys for the parts is not with the steps, and that it just shows what everything will look when complete, even with those two things its still a very good instruction book.

Overall this is a very nice kit, I think I will want to buy a few more of this kit again. One thing I do like is the one piece cab and sleeper mold, I think it helps for a better looking finished kit.

I am like a little kid in a candy store right now :lol: , and I cant see it all together with my race transporter trailer finished, Its going to be one nice looking rig

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, this kit is a beast, I can't believe how much they crammed into the box! My initial look was impressive until I saw the instruction book, I expected a way more detailed assembly guide than that. Lots of chrome = great. Can't wait to start building!

It was the first ever automotive instruction manual for Moebius. It and the Hudson were pretty rough in different ways, but to their credit they've significantly improved with each new release. The ProStar instructions are much more useful, while retaining some of the photos of built assemblies.

Edited by niteowl7710