Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sundance Express Street Van

I'm going to kick it back a decade from this morning's Daytona, and ask you to direct your Doritos-fuelled eyes to the Sundance Express, the old Monogram custom van from the 70's. There are a lot more pictures of it on my website, so click the link above for interior shots, underside shots and some in-progress pics too!

If you remember vannin, you'll remember things like this! :)

street-van-031.jpg?w=640

Thought that seemed like a good one for a Saturday Night.

Edited by Faust

My goodness you're right! I apologize, that IS the Revell! I had tossed the box before I wrote the review. I have changed the website, too.

Man, that is embarrassing... Thank fully my vannin' skills are better than my memory. Wrong scale AND maker?? Where the heck was I? Must have been the fumes, man...

Seriously, though, thanks for pointing that out. I hate misinforming people.

Thanks for the complements, too!

Thanks man, appreciate it!

I need more Street Vans. Got the Vantasy already, and the newer one, what is it, Phantom? I turned down an old 1/20 "Visible Van" at a swap meet because I thought it was too expensive. What, oh what, was I thinking? The thing has a FREAKING FIREPLACE!

Next time for sure!

Nice! I love Vans! My Uncle had a Ford Econoline back in the 70's that had orange shag carpet, wood paneling, 8 Track and a couple of bean bags!

This Revell Van has been a jack of all trades and has gone from Street Custom to 4X4 Adventure Van! I am lucky to have every version made of this van! I need to finish mine.

I should round them all up and take a family pic of them!

Once again, nice job!

I think that's one of the better street van kits, simply because of the interior. I really wish that someone (Round 2, you listening???) would reissue that "Visible Van". I'd be all over that.

I can't believe they made that many versions of this thing. Man, it is a van of all trades! And you have very one of them, Daddyfink? I family pic would be AWESOME!

I only have a Parts kit on the Truckin' USA van. It has almost everything untouched but it is missing the body. Just need to find a junker I can clean up for a donor kit. I have a sealed 78 MPC Dodge van also,but, that one is staying sealed.

And only one of my vans is built, and this one was a Junker Rebuild.

VanIn09014.jpg

VanIn09004.jpg

VanIn09009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Daddyfink:

No worries on highjacking! If it's for the vans, it's ALL GOOD! I love that Iron on transfer! F'ing awesome!

I love the vans, so getting to see more of them makes my day! Highjack away, man! (I think that, with at least some of these vans, the emphasis there is on the "high" part!)

I still should have bought that Visible Van when I had a chance. Shoot.

• 2 weeks later...