Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Lawman Plymouth of Al Ekstrand

Len Woodruff

I am not 100% sure but Dave at Model Car World has the correct decals for this car since the Fred Cady decals are brown. If you purchase the decals from Model Car World he has a copy of reference pics and a little description for the 2 cars - Hard top and Sedan. He states the closest match is the Corvette Bronze from 1968. I have yet to spray mine but that will be what I use. Dave seems to be up on his vintage drag cars so.

• 3 weeks later...

Len...

I consulted with numerous authorities on the oriignal LAWMAN paint color and so far...nothing definitive. Then I went to Jim Kampmann (noted drag racing authority and all around knowledgeable guy.) He is responsible for the image you posted. It was taken at the NHRA historic meet in conjunction with the US Nats a few years ago. Since Jim had actually seen the clone car in person, we depended heavily on his input. Jim felt it was really close to a 06-08 Mopar color. Then I showed the reference material I had on hand to my Mopar guru Fred Bradley who has as much corporate blue running through his veins as any Mopar fan I know. Fred was able to narrow it down to a Plymouth Prowler color (I believe it's) called Orange Blast(?). Noted builder Tom Creeger did a masterful paint job on the protype model that I built for Lindberg's display at iHobby this year. Until somebody can come forth with something more definitive color-wise, we're going with Orange Blast. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

BC

Anybody know the correct color for the 64 Plymouth of Al Ekstrand? It looks turbine bronze to me but I am not sure.

Tom Creeger did the paint work and Bill Coulter did research and buildup of the Lindberg prototype. One or both of them should know what the correct color is. Maybe they'll jump in here and tel us what they used.

DSCN0036A-vi.jpg

-Steve

Len...

I consulted with numerous authorities on the oriignal LAWMAN paint color and so far...nothing definitive. Then I went to Jim Kampmann (noted drag racing authority and all around knowledgeable guy.) He is responsible for the image you posted. It was taken at the NHRA historic meet in conjunction with the US Nats a few years ago. Since Jim had actually seen the clone car in person, we depended heavily on his input. Jim felt it was really close to a 06-08 Mopar color. Then I showed the reference material I had on hand to my Mopar guru Fred Bradley who has as much corporate blue running through his veins as any Mopar fan I know. Fred was able to narrow it down to a Plymouth Prowler color (I believe it's) called Orange Blast(?). Noted builder Tom Creeger did a masterful paint job on the protype model that I built for Lindberg's display at iHobby this year. Until somebody can come forth with something more definitive color-wise, we're going with Orange Blast. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

BC

Looks like you seen this post at the same time I did Bill.