Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 lowrider tour!

wgflatliner

Wow the Caddys looking good Phil , gotta love those flakes youve done........The Monte Carlo's moving along slowly, im blending the rear window frame in and thinking of cutting out a targa style roof.. !! The interior is coming together, just cant decide on seats... Added new battery boxes, dashboard, gold chain link wheel and photo etch pedals,handles and speakers... Hopefully get this in paint soon and start finishing it off....... :) ........ Lowlife ! !

19062012882.jpg

19062012884.jpg

I talked to wgflatliner about posting my L700 COE in to this community build.

Okay to review here is what is happening. I am putting the motor from this model

post-8176-0-42380500-1327687371_thumb.jpg

Into this one

post-8176-0-79300100-1327687372_thumb.jpg

Okay major update on this one I have been working on the Frame and trying out a new process. Tell me what you guys think what should I change does it look good.

I have tried to create a new frame that will allow it to drop down lower and add in some Airbags for the suspension.

2012-05-21202209.jpg

I purchased some hollow channel and begain to create the frame. At each point I put in a spline piece to give it more glueing surface.

2012-05-23060147.jpg

2012-05-24054217.jpg

Mock up of the frame over the wheels.

2012-05-28102826.jpg

I started working on my airbags to see how they will look. If anybody has a spare rear end that would work here let me know I might replace the one that I have I buggered it a bit.

2012-06-18061405.jpg

Here I was trying to rig up a spot where the upper link connections will go. it wasnt untill I had finished that I realized I had done it upside down.

2012-06-21204637.jpg

Starting to put the frame together.

2012-06-21210940.jpg

Closer picture of the backend

2012-06-21211136.jpg

Tim Kracht

Edited by Trucker_tim

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the wheels and tires for my Stepside. Not traditional Wire Wheels, these are original wheels from the box. They just look so good to me! I painted them silver, and then chrome hubcaps with white walls, looks good, I think.

P7100191.jpg

Guest Darkside Customs

Here's a couple mockup pics of my '74 Caprice. Keeping it simple '70's style white on white with Surpremes. Gotta get it lower though.

IMG_1233-vi.jpg

IMG_1230-vi.jpg

IMG_1232-vi.jpg

Steve, man you have some cool rides and man I love this one!

Looks like I got another one, gonna be simple and quick. I was gonna strip and repaint till I saw how nice the black was. Spent a little time lightly sanding and buffing. Not glass smooth but I can live with it. Still unsure on rolling stock and I need to check with the Haus on some fresh chrome.

74001.jpg

74002.jpg

74003.jpg

74004.jpg

74005.jpg

This is my second entry..

A Jimmy Flintstone 1957 Ford Wagon.

Body and paint work donated by a fellow

club member(Thanks George).

I got two 57 Ford Fairlanes to donate the rest.

Added the mandatory Pegasus #1109 Dz's

and slammed the rear end. Got a roof rack but

I don't believe I'll use it. My Bud had added the

custom front pan and I had to modify the front

bumper to fit.Working on the cargo area right now

and will go from there.

DSCN1801-vi.jpg

DSCN1802-vi.jpg

James aka Joker

I started building the interior for my Pickup. Since the cab, and bed will be Gloss Black, I wanted to pick up a color what matches well with that. Well I've always liked the combination of Red & Black, so interior will be basically red. Even though I added some grey there too. That combination was tested on my Austin Mini build while ago, and it looked very good. Now I'm using the same color scheme on this interior.

P7160138.jpg

P7160140.jpg

P7160139.jpg

Now needs to get that dashboard painted.

• 2 weeks later...

Some cool rides bein built guys, especially lovin that 57 wagon..... The Monte Carlo has been sittin around but im gonna get back on it, and finish up the interior....Heres a mock up pic, with the new roof cut out, jus working out the interior side panels....Hopefully more progress before not-too-long !!! .........Lowlife ! !

060820121005.jpg

Some cool rides bein built guys, especially lovin that 57 wagon..... The Monte Carlo has been sittin around but im gonna get back on it, and finish up the interior....Heres a mock up pic, with the new roof cut out, jus working out the interior side panels....Hopefully more progress before not-too-long !!! .........Lowlife ! !

Thats awesome, it reminds me of "los vegas". But I think I like the monti better. Are you planing on yellow? or is that a primer?

Thanks guys.. im using a yellow primer and then going to add a yellow base with maybe orange fades and a few handpainted murals..... Not certain yet, but the paint and bodywork is where i often struggle , so im taking my time and trying things out and hopefully it will look pretty cool......... Thanks....... Lowlife !!

• 4 weeks later...

Here we go again. I did some test fitting for my Stepside. It fits in correct ride height in the front when using the Custom axle from the kit, but I had to saw little material off from the back to get it sit right. The rear end can't be lower without frame modifications, and I don't want to do them for this. So it's going to be on this ride height when finished. Now needs to show some paint for the chassis parts.

P9080455.jpg

P9080459.jpg

P9080458.jpg

However, the chassis is on four wheels now. Parts fit very nicely and stance is pretty good. Front end could be bit lower, but rear end can't, otherwise rear axle would hit to the frame, and I don't do modifications to the bed, because I want to keep the body as it came from the factory.

P9130553.jpg

P9130554.jpg

P9130557.jpg

P9130558.jpg