Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

Dave... thank you

Scott... thank you very much

Brad.... thanks buddy. You know I am itching to get back on the engine. I had a couple more things I wanted to get checked off the list before i get back to the engine.You are right I need to stop stalling in this tin work ;). i will try to get to it this week.

Again awesome work Chris. I go along with Brad. Can't wait for you to get going on the engine. What size rivets did you use for the windshield and tin work? I want to try drilling my windshield instead of painting rivets

Dave.... Thank you very much. I will be adding rivets around the dog house around the windshield. just haven't gotten to it yet. Here is a couple of pics I am using as reference. It looks like there isn't much on the interior portion of the dog house though. Its really hard to see any rivets in the 2nd pic I posted. Let me know your thoughts. But I still have some work to clean my Tin work up and have to trim part of the dash out of the area that the blower sits in.

1974ArmyVega-247_zpse8f5cf23.jpg

1974ArmyVega-X10_zps9c702f74.jpg

Steve.... Thank you Sir. I believe off the top of my head that I was using the .7mm rivets from Scale hardware. I do also have some .8mm rivets too. I can verify for you if you would like. THey come in brass and nickel silver. I used a .016 drill bit to drill out the rivets as well. some felt tight and I would try to open them up just a bit more. It was more of practice for me when pushing them in and I still need to go back and trim my rivets down on the front window and rear window panel.

Johh..... Here are the reference pictures that I have used for the escape hatch and piano hinge, I have also included a link to a youtube video that is about 3 mins long that prudhomme talks about the car., Its a very cool video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jt2y6pacQE

1974ArmyVega-X7_zpsc92e8a08.jpg

1974ArmyVega-X4_zps87cfa257.jpg

1974ArmyVega-X3_zpsfcb94fc4.jpg

EscapeHatch-5copy_zps0726cc27.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

Jonathan.... Thank you

John... No worries, Thank you for the kind words on this build. As for piano hinges pretty much all that I have used will go 0 to 270 degrees.

Steve.... Thank you sir. when are we gonna see you start building another 1/16th scale build?? :D

Joe... Thank you very much my friend. they are gonna be a you know what when it comes time to cut them down and glue them in...lol :lol:

John.... Thanks my big brother. gotta make you proud of me...lol they will be counting for a little while...haha I should of gotten stock in Scale Hardware...lol

JIm... you know the sad thing is when I get the body tin work done. I know I will count them to know how many are on it...

Danno.... how did you know that's where I went.

So I worked pretty much all evening on more of the tin work and fell I made some good progress. might not look like much but I am chipping away at it. here are some pics.....

I started the evening by removing the extra material inside of the dog house:

DP-Army-Vega5174-1_zps2d0bcf26.jpg

DP-Army-Vega5175-1_zpse33b5d51.jpg

Then I started sanding the dash flat from some of the filler pieces that were glued in. I still have to add another piece of plastic to the dash to create a shape in it like the real one:

DP-Army-Vega5178-1_zps137b0243.jpg

Then it was time to cut the windshield. I set it in place and scribed a line to follow to cut the extra that needed to be removed:

DP-Army-Vega5181-1_zps8886e244.jpg

Here it is after removing some of the glass material:

DP-Army-Vega5184-1_zpsb4af9bc2.jpg

Next I went on to drilling the rivet holes in the windshield:

DP-Army-Vega5188-1_zps1a309e04.jpg

Then I took some tamiya tape to mark off some of the body that needs to be removed to line the blower clearance hole up with the windshield:

DP-Army-Vega5192-1_zpsd15c5ed7.jpg

Here it is:

DP-Army-Vega5195-1_zps830d8d9d.jpg

And now with the windshield in:

DP-Army-Vega5198-1_zps7d2c35c7.jpg

As always I had to test fit it on the chassis with the engine in place:

DP-Army-Vega5202-1_zps6bf466e6.jpg

Great work as always with the Dog House! You make scratchbuilding look so easy and your builds are a lot of fun to follow. Very nice and clean work with the windshield, too. I'd like to start my Jungle Jim Vega FC every time I see this, but "luckily" I have too many projects going on already. :lol:

Chris…….."My Little Brother"……..it was great talking to you today…….only if it was for a little while :( ………sorry for being rude…….I was just having a bad day…….but,I gotta tell ya, this build just shows how much talent you really have……..and that`s allot Brother :)

Niko....Thank you for the kind comments and for following on on this buil. I am really glad you enjoy following along. Hey what's one more project to start.... :D. You don't know how bad I want to start a few other builds but I am trying to keep myself focusing on this one because It needs to be done by end of summer... Well sometime this I won't promise any dates...lol

Scott.... Thank you my friend. I am trying to knock it out hahah

Steve.. Thank you. I can't tell you anxious I am to see this done. I have a vision in my head and I can only hope it turns out as good as the vision I have had for this one.

Amo.... Thank you very much.

Johnny boy.... Thank you my big brother. I just got done working on a project for work. Now it's time to eat and then once Inam done eating I will get to the bench :). You weren't rude at all. I know you were focusing on what you were working on. Ithe kind words mean a lot coming from you. Thanks Brother!