Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Car Shows/Swap Meets in WA. State?

Does anyone know of any model cxar shows/swap meets in the Pacific Northwest - particularly Washington Stae or B.C. Canada? I know of no other builder/collectors within an hour and half's drive of where I live and even then, my understanding is that there are not a whole lot of guys into this hobby. I live in the south Okanagan and Kelowna is the nearest center where there is a real hobby shop and even it's pretty small and the opwner doesn't stock hardly any building supplies. And as for shows, there are none that I am aware of in B.C. or Washington State. I feel like this guy for those of you who remember him............

maytag1.jpg

Gary, check out the coming events page on the IPMS web site. www.ipmsusa.org You will find that there are plenty of shows up in your part of the country throughout the year. There is even one each year in B.C.. The PSAMA club in the Seattle area puts on a great automotive model show each year in May. The show is located in Puyallup (Tacoma area). Goodguys has an event each year at the fairgrounds (also in Puyallup) usually in July, that features a model car contest. There is also a model car contest each Spring in the Everett area. If you fathom a bit of travel you can also venture down to Portland, which also has a few shows throughout the year. It's only about a 5 or 6 hour drive from where you are.

Gary, check out the coming events page on the IPMS web site. www.ipmsusa.org You will find that there are plenty of shows up in your part of the country throughout the year. There is even one each year in B.C.. The PSAMA club in the Seattle area puts on a great automotive model show each year in May. The show is located in Puyallup (Tacoma area). Goodguys has an event each year at the fairgrounds (also in Puyallup) usually in July, that features a model car contest. There is also a model car contest each Spring in the Everett area. If you fathom a bit of travel you can also venture down to Portland, which also has a few shows throughout the year. It's only about a 5 or 6 hour drive from where you are.

Thank you Wayne.. I'll check that site out. Everett is a steady 6 hours drive from where I live - Portland is a bit farher. Thanks again - I'll look and see what I can find. ;):):)