Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi all,
First of all I'd like to say a huge thank you to Ira for allowing me to copy his Vette Jet project idea ( http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83102 ), I had a couple of glue bomb Vette's that I had bought and was going to strip them and re-build them, however, when I started to break them down, whoever had built them had used waaaay to much glue and parts where breaking, I was going to throw them away until I saw Ira's build and so thought I would have a go with the two I had, anyway, I have finally managed to finish my version of it, here are the finished photos...: -
FlyingVette30_zps0c17aa73.jpg
FlyingVette31_zpsb15c709e.jpg
FlyingVette28_zpsb1ba5341.jpg
FlyingVette29_zps5d851f49.jpg
I thought I would try something different, I painted a yellow base colour (sorry forgot to take some work-in-progress photos), I had some white netting from some garlic and placed it on top and then sprayed some black on top and then I brushed some Vallejo gloss varnish to finish it, I know it's not great and after it had dried it still had brush line, so I guess I should have sprayed the varnish rather than brushed it, lesson lean't for next time though, I also used some fine black tape, it's the stuff they use on women's finger nails, I got it with a finger nail sander I bought, it's not as harsh as a Dremel and can be slowed right down so is a lot more controllable...
FlyingVette26_zps53815370.jpg
FlyingVette25_zpseb9b75dc.jpg
I cut up and used a plastic plate for the dimple effect on the step...
FlyingVette23_zps7cd6a80f.jpg
FlyingVette24_zpsdaf0574b.jpg
Please let me know what you think, both good and bad...
Thank you for looking...
Andy...