Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tractor Trailer Community Build

highway

The one in the kit is all wrong even for the small sleeper. IT has dual ex. and it has cut outs in the body for dual air cleaners and you can see from your pics that the small sleeper version has singles for both. I think J Bots decals are for the large sleeper only, so I am going to try and do that version. If I can do something about the hood where the air cleaner cut outs are and I can mod the J Bot decals, I may try and make both versions.

Now that you point that out, I see what you mean. I never noticed the lack of the air cleaner and stack on the driver's side! :P

By the way, I think J Bot's will do all of them. I just checked the site and it says

"I provide 3 striping versions, lettering, and all the license plates.

As a bonus I also provide the markings on Will's truck (before he teamed up with Sonny)."

http://www.jbot.ca/cars/trucks/movinon.shtml

Now that you point that out, I see what you mean. I never noticed the lack of the air cleaner and stack on the driver's side! :P

By the way, I think J Bot's will do all of them. I just checked the site and it says

"I provide 3 striping versions, lettering, and all the license plates.

As a bonus I also provide the markings on Will's truck (before he teamed up with Sonny)."

http://www.jbot.ca/cars/trucks/movinon.shtml

Thanks. I had seen that, but guess it did not dawn on me that one version might be for the short sleeper ... lol.

Alrighty, I got the omnis domnis from the big boss man. I need to go to the place where Romell got his big rig parts from and get new wheels because as you can see,

Peterbilt005.jpg

Peterbilt006.jpg

Peterbilt007.jpg

Man, what a blow out. You need to stop overloading that thing or get some tag axles ... LOL!!!

I think its because I stretched them out to put the wheels in. Not real sure though.

Don't know, I suppose that is possible. They must be really soft or just not the right size or something. Maybe got hot before you opened the kit and it messed them up. I've got some kits before where I thought heat might have damaged some of it, but just was not sure. You know a 100* + outside and being shipped in a sealed up hot tractor trailer could cause some damage to the kits for sure.

Paystar question. Will the ex. pipe really fit between the transmission and the frame? Ive got the engine built and you have to put the engine in place as you build the frame, so I was test fitting and I just don't see how the pipe will go in there after it's assembled.

Also, does anyone have a pic of the IH engine? I want to run the lines for the a/c, FI, and air pump and stuff. I want to make it realistic as possible. Maybe some ideas of where to run the air lines from the cans back up to the frame.

One last question, on the dash, does it have to digital gauges for tach and speedo? It has two squares in the middle of the dash where these gauges should be. I have some aftermarket gauges and bezels I want to use, but I don't want to put round ones in there if it's incorrect.

Thanks for any help.

I think its because I stretched them out to put the wheels in. Not real sure though.

Nah, Clay, the wheels in that and the Kenworth version are a pain! A few of the guys who built these use some thin super glue along the bead of the tire to hold them against the wheels. It might help get the distortion out of them as well. I think there might have even been one build of these where the builder used craft foam donuts cut to the size of the tire to help them back to shape.

Paystar question. Will the ex. pipe really fit between the transmission and the frame? Ive got the engine built and you have to put the engine in place as you build the frame, so I was test fitting and I just don't see how the pipe will go in there after it's assembled.

Also, does anyone have a pic of the IH engine? I want to run the lines for the a/c, FI, and air pump and stuff. I want to make it realistic as possible. Maybe some ideas of where to run the air lines from the cans back up to the frame.

One last question, on the dash, does it have to digital gauges for tach and speedo? It has two squares in the middle of the dash where these gauges should be. I have some aftermarket gauges and bezels I want to use, but I don't want to put round ones in there if it's incorrect.

Thanks for any help.

I built a Paystar about 4 years ago, I don't remember any issues with the exhaust and looking at the model the exhaust does come down between the frame and transmission on mine. I can't say for sure if it fits right on the motor end though, I was having problems with the hood so closed it up.

I think the engine is a V-800. I found an article online somewhere for detailing it, but don't have it saved.

It doesn't have digital gauges but IH does have square gauges on many of their trucks.

I built a Paystar about 4 years ago, I don't remember any issues with the exhaust and looking at the model the exhaust does come down between the frame and transmission on mine. I can't say for sure if it fits right on the motor end though, I was having problems with the hood so closed it up.

I think the engine is a V-800. I found an article online somewhere for detailing it, but don't have it saved.

It doesn't have digital gauges but IH does have square gauges on many of their trucks.

Thanks. Been searching Google for pics and such, but just have not had any luck finding what I need.

Per request i brought these pictures to this build thread and it is my pleasure too.

I plan on outfitting this one with a completely scratchbuilt car hauler set up on the truck.

IMG_3302.jpg

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg

This one is going to be my highlight show truck because i love this style cabover.

IMG_3306.jpg

IMG_3660.jpg

IMG_3661.jpg

Here is a 1/14th scale radio controlled aeromax i am building. I know that is not a model but it is a pretty big build.

IMG_3286.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg

Well here is my addition i hope i did not take over the section enjoy the pics.

Per request i brought these pictures to this build thread and it is my pleasure too.

Here is a 1/14th scale radio controlled aeromax i am building. I know that is not a model but it is a pretty big build.

IMG_3286.jpg

Well here is my addition i hope i did not take over the section enjoy the pics.

Welcome, Tony, I'm happy you joined up! B)

When I seen the Pete and KW last night, I was very impressed, but you just blew my mind with that Ford! You may not concider that a model, but I know Tamiya never did a R/C in their lineup like that! If you want to finish it up for this, I'll add it to the list, too. B) How did you do the flames on the skirts and flaps? They are awesome!

By the way, don't worry about taking over the section, this thread is for everyone to post their progress in, and everyone is welcome to post as much as they want. I know you have WIP threads for the Pete and KW, but don't forget to post some progress pics here, too! :D

The Paystar would have round gauges in the dash. The kit has tach-o-graphs on there instead of gauges. They were a kind of trip log, that recorded engine speed, and actual speed, and other info. I'll see if I can find a good dash pic for you.

Just wondering, is the dash in the 4300 the same as the Paystar, or does it have the round gauges? If the 4300's dash has the correct round gauges, would that dash fit in place of the Paystar's, since, at least to me, they look like the same cab?

Welcome, Tony, I'm happy you joined up! B)

When I seen the Pete and KW last night, I was very impressed, but you just blew my mind with that Ford! You may not concider that a model, but I know Tamiya never did a R/C in their lineup like that! If you want to finish it up for this, I'll add it to the list, too. B) How did you do the flames on the skirts and flaps? They are awesome!

By the way, don't worry about taking over the section, this thread is for everyone to post their progress in, and everyone is welcome to post as much as they want. I know you have WIP threads for the Pete and KW, but don't forget to post some progress pics here, too! :D

Pretty much almost the entire truck exept the few aeromax parts out of the kit is scratchbuilt. The flames on all the parts are just thinner styrene plastic glued on top of the parts. The mud flaps are styrene too. I figure i was going to paint them anyway so make it out of plastic and overlap the flames to give it a 3D look.

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

Ya the aeromax is my pride and joy. Alot of different versions in all the parts. That is just how i work. Don't say it is done till you like the end results.

The Paystar would have round gauges in the dash. The kit has tach-o-graphs on there instead of gauges. They were a kind of trip log, that recorded engine speed, and actual speed, and other info. I'll see if I can find a good dash pic for you.

My kit dash has 12 round gauges and I have some printed gauge faces and pe bezels that I can use on them. It's just the center two gauges that are squared off and I don't know what to do for a printed face on them. A pic would be very helpful. Thanks for looking. I can't seem to find what I need on Google this time.

Ya the aeromax is my pride and joy.

It should be! B) I'm almost speachless, and I look forward to seeing the results of all three! I'll add the Aeromax to the build list, too, if that's OK with you! B)

It should be! B) I'm almost speachless, and I look forward to seeing the results of all three! I'll add the Aeromax to the build list, too, if that's OK with you! B)

That is cool. Unfortunately i can only build inside i will not be able to paint till this new england winter is over to cold no place to paint. I geuss it gives me time to think about a paint scheme on all.

Put my name on the list too. I'll do a hot shot and a TT rig.

Hot shot will be a kit bash of three kits and I don't know yet what the TT will be.

I'll post pics of the kits later today.

OK, Winston, I have you on the list, and after you post the pics, I'll add the make and models of the trucks. Don't feel bad about not knowing what your tractor trailer entry will be either. This is my build and I don't even know what I'm building yet! B)B) I have a general idea, but I don't know what tractors I'm using for the trailers! :D

That is cool. Unfortunately i can only build inside i will not be able to paint till this new england winter is over to cold no place to paint. I geuss it gives me time to think about a paint scheme on all.

OK, it will be added, too.

I know what you mean, all my painting takes place outside, too, and I'm already waiting for spring! B)