Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Star and 53 ft Great Dane reefer

• 3 weeks later...

Imatruker is correct the smaller Maxforce was a joint venture between Navistar and MAN an Austrian truck builder. The rights to the Cat c15 were part of deal between Cat and Navistar involving the new Cat vocational trucks. Any way thanks Dave looking good.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used the postal service to ship models and 80% of the time they get here fine except small stuff like mirrors 'smoke s tacks etc.But even with fragile plastered on the boxes i got a few that looked like they got droopped out of a airplane .I finally straightened out my mailman. he doesnt like to bring packages to the door.so he trys to stuff them in the mailbox.One looked llike he took his foot and shoved the box in i didnt think i was goin to be able to get it out.ups aint no better i bought a power board from my tv shipped ups got it the box was smashed and the board was completely shattered in 4 pieces so dont know if you can trust any of them LOL

• 2 months later...

Trailers should ship by end of this month - in stores maybe by middle of August.

Expecting ProStar 1st test shots in my hands around 1st of next month. After I have the test shot I'll have a better notion as to possible release date for ProStar..

Dave

:o:D

Trailers should ship by end of this month - in stores maybe by middle of August.

Expecting ProStar 1st test shots in my hands around 1st of next month. After I have the test shot I'll have a better notion as to possible release date for ProStar..

Dave

That is some great news dave , thanks !!

Dave

I better start saving up shouldnt I? heck i think i can get a 40% discount at my hobby shop....No it ain't hobby lobby! :D:wub:B)

Dave, having read al these posts I wander if Moebius will cooperate with Revell for the Prostar and trailer. I have build the Lonestar and it is a great kit but the Instructions.... well there have been some complains. The Instructions from Revell are really great. Also the decal sheet of the Revell version is different.

So, any news about that?

Hessel

No worries, I will buy it anyway :) :)

To my knowledge there are only two variations on the ProStar nose - the122"BBC version - powered by smaller engines and the 125"BBc version - the MaxxForce15 powered version.

The 122" BBC truck has a hood that is only slightly shorter - it has a narrower grille and contour differences vs the new hood on the MaxxForce 15 truck - If you look at the new truck you can see that the added 3 inches is made up by a filler panel between the front edges of the doors and rear edges of the hood..Not so much by a longer hood...

I am unaware of a short hood ProStar.

At this time we don't have any plans to do a 122" BBC ProStar as we don't have the drive train for that truck.

The TranStar looks like a short hood version of ProStar - that's a whole different truck - again we don't have one of those planned right now..

After we get ProStar done we'll start looking around to see if we can do another big truck.. I've been told that the ProStar test shots will be coming in the next few days - I'll know alot more regarding that project once I get one of the test shots whacked together.

To my knowledge there are only two variations on the ProStar nose - the122"BBC version - powered by smaller engines and the 125"BBc version - the MaxxForce15 powered version.

The 122" BBC truck has a hood that is only slightly shorter - it has a narrower grille and contour differences vs the new hood on the MaxxForce 15 truck - If you look at the new truck you can see that the added 3 inches is made up by a filler panel between the front edges of the doors and rear edges of the hood..Not so much by a longer hood...

I am unaware of a short hood ProStar.

At this time we don't have any plans to do a 122" BBC ProStar as we don't have the drive train for that truck.

The TranStar looks like a short hood version of ProStar - that's a whole different truck - again we don't have one of those planned right now..

After we get ProStar done we'll start looking around to see if we can do another big truck.. I've been told that the ProStar test shots will be coming in the next few days - I'll know alot more regarding that project once I get one of the test shots whacked together.

Thanks for expalining that to us Dave, for the fouth time! You are very patient.

Edited by chuckyr

Thanks for expalining that to us Dave, for the fouth time! You are very patient.

Sorry I should have been clearer I was directing my question to Cargostar. There is (was?) a 113" bbc prostar that uses the Max force 13 ,ISM Cummins and C13 Cat. Of course the Cat is no longer available and if Navistars plans are true the Cummins won't be either. Never the less thanks Dave keep em coming. Edited by lapazleo

Did some checking, Navistar does show a 113"bbc ProStar - My understanding is that cab dimensions from firewall to back of cab are the same for all ProStars and LoneStar too for that matter.

So the hood of the 113"BBC truck is probably about 9 inches shorter than the hood of the 122"bbc truck... I looked at some photos of 113bbc trucks and the hood certainly does look shorter than the 122" bbc truck.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...