Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jeff Gordon in a Ford?

bbowser

SAM_0356.jpg

SAM_0357.jpg

I think it was 1990-91 when Jack Roush was grooming a young hotshoe in the Busch Grand National Series. Rick Hendrick swooped in and spirited him away, paired him with Ray Evernham, and the rest - as they say - is history!

My first attempt at posting pics from photobucket. Hope this works ;)

Edited by bbowser

Unfortunately, Bil Davis, always the definition of a "gentleman", thought that his gentleman's agreement with Gordon and Evernham was sufficient. Gordon's defection to Hendrick, and the way he went about it, earned him the derision of an entire generation of Ford fans, who - correctly - saw him as a way to end Earnhardt's domination and return Ford to the winners circle on a regular basis.

Am I the only one who cannot get used to seeing gray in Gordon's sideburns? It just doesn't seem that long since he was a scrawny little kid who couldn't grow a moustache.

Unfortunately, Bil Davis, always the definition of a "gentleman", thought that his gentleman's agreement with Gordon and Evernham was sufficient. Gordon's defection to Hendrick, and the way he went about it, earned him the derision of an entire generation of Ford fans, who - correctly - saw him as a way to end Earnhardt's domination and return Ford to the winners circle on a regular basis.

Am I the only one who cannot get used to seeing gray in Gordon's sideburns? It just doesn't seem that long since he was a scrawny little kid who couldn't grow a moustache.

No, you're not the only one. 2 marraiges and 2 kids will put a little gray on anyone!

Dont forget the Bill Davis owned Carolina Ford Dealers cars that Jeff and Mark Martin shared the ride in also amazing how history is repeating itself in a small way huh

Willie

SAM_0365.jpg

SAM_0366.jpg

You mean this one? I didn't know Jeff ran this car. Note the Hoosier tires.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah! I remember seeing the Baby Ruth T-Bird @ what was then NHIS, before the track had a Winston Cup date! I wasn't a fan of his, but I do like the car from before the days he would win (nearly) every race he entered B)