Model Cars Magazine Forum

new kit 1963 f100 short bed

No.

This is produced by Motor City Resin Casters, owned by Jeff Ballard.

Jeff is a fantastic guy and an EXCELLENT caster- he's on-par with Don Holthaus and the other leading casters.

I've met him several times at shows, got to know him when MCM had a chat-room and have purchased several of his products. All have met or exceeded my expectations. His stuff is good enough that other than perhaps being a hair lighter, you cannot tell the difference between his wares and an injection-molded part.

Charlie Larkin

WOW!!! Thanks Charlie. I've done business with Jeff before.. You are totally right! He runs one of the best resin companies that provide us great gods. No problem at all!!!

Thanks for the info... ;-)

Another fabulous looking kit from my favourite style of F-series pickup... :wub:

From my understanding of this style of truck, the bed as depicted was available from start of production in '61 with the unibody; the '57-'60 bed was used for 4x4 applications. Unibodies were only from '61-'63, the bed above was '61-'66 and I think the '57-'60 bed was eventually phased out on 4x4s.

The bed I like the most, however, is the one used in Argentina-produced trucks. They only had short beds and it used the same panels as the unibody, only it was a separate bed.

Another fabulous looking kit from my favourite style of F-series pickup... :wub:

From my understanding of this style of truck, the bed as depicted was available from start of production in '61 with the unibody; the '57-'60 bed was used for 4x4 applications. Unibodies were only from '61-'63, the bed above was '61-'66 and I think the '57-'60 bed was eventually phased out on 4x4s.

The bed I like the most, however, is the one used in Argentina-produced trucks. They only had short beds and it used the same panels as the unibody, only it was a separate bed.

.......My '62 sb 2 wheel drive had the '57-'60 bed on it, l know of several long bed '63-'64 2 wheel drives that also had the old beds. l wonder if it maybe depends on which factory they were made at & when they used up the surplus beds? l had never heard of or seen the Argentinian beds. Those are VERY cool!

• 1 month later...