Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1/12 scale ENZO with upcoming Scale Motorsport decal set

David Thibodeau

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate it... I posted this on AF and as usual I got one guy busting my balls for closed up pictures....So I took some pics with it all closed up. I think they want to see it in that state to see if panel fitment is on point. Its not and it does not matter to me... I like it looking like a INSECT ready to pounce or a transformer as they put it. :)

I think I know why Tamiya does the semi assembled in diecast. The roof portion of the doors are flimsy and will not lay flush, Those of you building the kit please be aware of this. Even with a 1/12 tamiya kit there can be warpage.

P1010586-vi.jpg

P1010587-vi.jpg

P1010588-vi.jpg

P1010589-vi.jpg

P1010590-vi.jpg

P1010591-vi.jpg

P1010592-vi.jpg

P1010593-vi.jpg

P1010594-vi.jpg

Hi David

I believe for $10 you can get a photographers air blower. These things are a must have brother. You can blow dust off the car before you shoot and it's great for getting water off the car so to quicken the drying process. Here's a link to the one I have....

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=259157&is=REG&Q=&A=details

Regarding the amazing Ferrari you have done. I'm clad you did some shots of the doors closed and it shows how special this car is. The car looks real and alive. Lovely work mate... Magic!

I was going to nit pick about the dust, but someone bet me too it, so next time take the car to a better detailer :D . This model is that good, that when I first saw the image at the top of this page, I thought it was the real 1:1 then it dawned on me that it was the model. I thought your FXX was the best, but you did one better. You continually raise the bar for everyone, superb job.

now go do one in red :)

I ...posted this on AF and as usual I got one guy busting my balls for closed up pictures....I like it looking like a INSECT ready to pounce or a transformer as they put it. :)

That would be me.

I didn't think I was breaking your balls with all the explicit praise I heaped on your work...but I'm flattered your using my 'insect/transformer' analogy. It was really just a request to see the car closed -as several there and here have agreed. It wasn't a negative criticism. You forgot to mention that one guy over there said so much carbon gave him a headache to look at...

At least I didn't say that or break your balls about the dust-left that to others to do...

That would be me.

I didn't think I was breaking your balls with all the explicit praise I heaped on your work...but I'm flattered your using my 'insect/transformer' analogy. It was really just a request to see the car closed -as several there and here have agreed. It wasn't a negative criticism. You forgot to mention that one guy over there said so much carbon gave him a headache to look at...

At least I didn't say that or break your balls about the dust-left that to others to do...

Sorry if I seemed negative with my "phrase" but I dont post at AF very often because I always get one in the mix that jerks me the wrong way.... you happened to be it!! LOL!! no bad inentions here... In fact I was greatful you thanked me for posting the closed pics, just never got around to teling you so I am now....

Thanks!! B)

Oh and about the dust... To get you the closed pics I was pressed for time.... Sorry about the dust guys!!! :lol:

Edited by David Thibodeau

You really have over-the-top modeling skills. What's your method for applying clear so beautifully - or have you described this elsewhere? I think you didn't even have to polish it (or did I miss that part?).

I polished it, I use OMNI Two part clear and polish it with 2000 wetsanding film and 3M compound.

Thanks!

If Tamiya are not on your voice mail asking you to do one for their flagship office, then they should be! If I were Ferrari, I would be also calling you up to do another one for them, and who knows, they may even create a CF version of the Enzo replacement seeing how good the small scale looks.

I am amazed-like everyone else here with the overall appearance, and your perfect decaling and clearcoating of the exterior. It's just ridiculous. BUT what I am really blown away by is the appearance of the jambs and the way you wrapped the CF around the inboard panels. It appears seamless, and that is what makes it spectacular. I'd tip my hat to you, sir-but I look really stupid in hats.

Wow,this is not just another model, this is ART! One of a kind beauty. The patience of a saint to do those decals. It is like a beautiful woman walking into the room. You cannot stop looking at her.The enzo is the same ,you cannot stop looking at the car. Dave this is sheer beauty. GREAT BUILD ,GREAT BUILD!!!!!