Model Cars Magazine Forum

Autocar interior colors??? Trying to do the rebuild right.

I want to clarify something. As I rebuild my autocar DC tractor, I'm trying to figure out, were the interior surfaces mostly metal and the same color as the body? Or were they upholstered? :? I originally left the interior walls black and painted in a flat white"headliner". I know the dash was woodgrain. I haven't seen an Autocar in years, up close anyway. If you have info on DC and A64B interiors that would be great. Anyone with a color pic willing to share that would be appreciated. looked on Hank's website. hard to find interior shots of the 70s A-cars. i think they were metal surfaces on the walls(no upholstery) that were the same color on as the outside of the cab, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm getting ready to paint the cab later in the week. I'm sanding/priming right now. thanks for your help. 8)

Again, thanks so much. I wonder if the brown was the only color available in this upholstered version. either way, i think I will download the pix. If anyone has anymore good interior shots, even in black and white, that would be great. i can't wait to finish my cab, especially now that I can see some of the other details including the underhood shots.