Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nissan Skyline 2000 GTR KPCG 10

martinfan5

Fujimi offers 3 different versions of the Watanabe wheels, so you don't have to buy the whole Celica kit (if you don't want to). They can be found at Hoby Link Japan for a reasonable price. I beleive they are offered in a 15" street version, 17", and a 15" staggered. I just received my staggered set with racing slicks in the mail today B)

All sold out, I just ordered a set from HLJ, the only one they had in stock is this set, its the shallow wheel set

http://www.hlj.com/product/FUJ19299

Fujimi offers 3 different versions of the Watanabe wheels, so you don't have to buy the whole Celica kit (if you don't want to). They can be found at Hoby Link Japan for a reasonable price. I beleive they are offered in a 15" street version, 17", and a 15" staggered. I just received my staggered set with racing slicks in the mail today B)

Hey Steve... here is what the Fujimi # 19142 Watanabe wheels box looks like that I have been looking for probably for over a year. I haven't even seen them on ebay.

10000935.jpg

fu_19142.jpg

ok guys here are the pictures

the kit....

the wheels....

the mockup...

20121029_203214.jpg

20121029_203315.jpg

I found the kit easier than the wheel set. hope this helps!

jason

Here are a few pics of the car from Fast Five that I have.... I'd say those rims look perfect...lol

1972-Nissan-Skyline.jpg

1972-nissan-skyline-gtr_-driven-by-brian-oconnor-paul-walker.jpg

188771_10150116216052493_38673087492_6880464_7446944_n.jpg

3.jpg

images.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

Not a lot done, got the plug wires done, fan on, and some of the interior done, and chassis, but I am waiting for the wheels to get here before I finish the chassis for two reason, one, I need to modify the new wheels to fit the Tamiya chassis, and two, I am going to use the brake rotors that come with the XS tunning wheels

And also clear coated the body, I got two full wet coats on it, but it needs to be wetsanded, so I am going to do one, maybe two more wet coats.

sg17.jpg

sg16.jpg

sg14.jpg

sg15.jpg

Wow, that blue pops and i wanna see it sitting on the wantanbes .

might have to move my KPCG-10 up on the wait list , By that time i might have gotten the wife to let me order the wheels

Can't wait to see this one done great looking so far.

Michael

wow! 2 weeks..........that stinks! i hate waiting for stuff like that.

bryan

Bryan, I do to, I am a very impenitent person :lol: , but the only country that I could find wheels at was at hobby stores in Japan, and I am also cheap so I chose the slowest and cheapest shipping option,

I always had plans on using different wheels for this one when I got around to building it, just never ordered them

For the wheels, it was $7 for the shipping, it say 8-16 days for it to arrive , I am not susprized that it takes an extra week to make it to Canada

Since I have some time, I started to wetsand and polish the body, the bonnet roof and deck lid have been done so far, pics soon

i used the one in kinda like a tub. maybe i didn't use it right but it made a mess in the seams of the body

Thats going to happen with all polishing and rubbing compounds, I took my stripping tooth brush , and after I cleaned it off, I brushed out the panel lines under running water