Model Cars Magazine Forum

2015 Mustang independant rear end ( Picture)

No one seems to comprehend that the images in first post are not official Ford images..they are just someone's renditions of what it might look like...and the black car in the 3 pics is just an engineering mule using a modified current body..

Just to be clear, I did not state that the pics I posted were of the 2015, those were the only ones I could find that had anything to do with the 2015 that was not a rendering

The rear clip kinda has that shape. Actually, looking at the concept again it seems to share many body similarities to a Veyron

I do see a bunch of Aston-Martin as well as Mustang, but no Bugatti............I do think there's a bar of soap in the bathroom down the hall that does look a whole lot like the Veyron though!

Chevy's reasoning, as I've heard it, is that the main market for the Vette is older gentlemen and they prefer a softer ride than coil-overs provide. So they have the mono leaf front and rear to provide the softer ride the target market prefers.

IRS would be a nice upgrade to the new mustange, but I really hope that it looks nothing like those first pictures. I know they are just internet pictures, but that thigs is ugly to a whole new level.

I guess we've finally come to the point I've wondered about when these retro styled cars started showing up.

How do you progress with the styling? Had the mustang never evolved style-wise, would there be a market for it after a few years? Who would want to buy a mustang in 1971 that looked exactly like a 64? How long should the new mustang keep the exact same body style?

Chevy's reasoning, as I've heard it, is that the main market for the Vette is older gentlemen and they prefer a softer ride than coil-overs provide. So they have the mono leaf front and rear to provide the softer ride the target market prefers.

Possibly, but another reality is that the composite spring packages very well with low unsprung-weight, takes up less room than other coil-based designs, has an infinite fatigue life, and is about infinitely 'tunable' for spring-rate during production by adding or omitting plies of material.

It's also hard to fault the Corvette's handling, and hard springs on the street aren't the best solution for real-world handling overall.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Possibly, but another reality is that the composite spring packages very well, takes up less room than other coil-based designs, has an infinite fatigue life, and is about infinitely 'tunable' for spring-rate during production by adding or omitting plies of material.

It's also hard to fault the Corvette's handling, and hard springs on the street aren't the best solution for real-world handling overall.

Well said. Thank you!

I do see a bunch of Aston-Martin as well as Mustang, but no Bugatti............I do think there's a bar of soap in the bathroom down the hall that does look a whole lot like the Veyron though!

The rear clip sort-of kinda has that shape only the Mustang's isn't as round.