Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kurt Wilson`s: 23 T` Bucket new project 10/9/12

John Teresi

John... I am gone for a few days and you practically have this one done ;) . You have done some beautiful work my friend. I need lessons from you on doing the Chrome Alclad...lol all of it is just gorgeous. I need to do some spoon tests and now that I got my airbrush back from having to send it to badger I think I will get better results now. anyway this build is coming along great and keep up that awesome work you do!

That is some really fine work but that tranny has a split personality...it's got great shift linkage and cooling lines with a dipstick.

I would have sent you an auto trans if I'd known you needed one... I have an IROC-Z that has no body, so parting out the engine/tranny would have been no problem for me.

Can't wait to see how the rest finishes out, like everyone else here I'm guessing it will be off the hook. :)

Hello.......thank you all very much for the kind comments........Darryl Gassaway took pictures of the rear tires and instrument gauges for me.........and I asked my good friend Art Laski if he could do the art work for the tire decals....... ..Art sent the art work to GWS Decals and Mr. Gary Sleeper owner sent me the tire decals fast and I mean fast........thank you so much Gary..........Art also printed out the instrument gauges,license plate,Messco thermometer label and gear shift pattern........Art 'Brother" thank you so much for contributing to this project........I got the rear tires on with decals and weathered .......I also attached the hood ornament that I modified.......I made a battery and made some clamps........I made a mirror and console and a gas pedal........I painted a wood grain look on the steering wheel and dash........and made some bezels painted Alclad.......and attached the gauge prints.........the tail light was modified and painted alclad........I also attached the license plate print out.........I made an electric fuel pump painted Alclad ,wired and weathered............thanks for looking.

DSCF5172.jpg

DSCF5181.jpg

DSCF5138.jpg

DSCF5169.jpg

DSCF5159.jpg

DSCF5185.jpg

DSCF5183.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello.......thank you all for the kind comments........I did some work on Kurt`s components in his interior.......I made a horn and padding wrap for the steering column ........I made a radio and hand brake .........I made a "In and Out" cup that is his turn signal switch.......I used a glue cap and hand painted the palm trees and used pin striping decals for the stripes.......also made a white 8 ball that is used for his flashers .........and I made a gear shift knob and used a gear shift pattern decal that my buddy Art laski made from a photo of the 1:1 knob.......thanks for looking.

DSCF5188.jpg

DSCF5189.jpg

DSCF5226.jpg

DSCF5191.jpg

DSCF5210.jpg