Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Is Your Top 10 List of Ugliest Cars Ever?

I would say that the FIRST American sports car is a tie between a Mercer and a Stutz. then again, the '53 Corvette was probably the best Chevrolet could manage with a twenty year old engine design, coupled to a power-robbing automatic transmission.

And a 2-speed at that. And fake knock-offs.

Some of you obviously have posted some very nice cars in this thread. It was supposed to be about Ugly Cars. :lol:

I'll play. Not in correct order.

-Nissan Juke. That thing is just so ugly, grille and lights are maybe the worst I have ever seen!

2011-Nissan-Juke.jpg

This year Nissan Skyline. The Front end just looks horrible, and when guys build these "Tuning Versions" of these, they can make these cars even more ugly.

pic-2469581069494270987.jpeg

This Mitsubishi Lancer. Especially the grille, but also the rear end are horrible. I don't like the roof line either on this one.

Mitsubishi_Lancer_EVO_X.jpg

Skoda Roomster. This thing is just Freakin' Ugly! The front and rear end look like they're from different cars. Look at the side windows.

skoda_roomster_19tdi.jpg

Lancia Delta. This is ugly from all over.

lancia-delta-angeli-e-demoni.jpg

Well there are 5. I'm not going to post more now, my eyes hurt already :D !

...just kidding...if some comments started with "All cars from xyz are ugly"...*lol*. For example Chrysler: all Mopars ugly? Dodge Challenger and Charger, Plymouth Roadrunner, Chrysler Lettercars?

All Honda? Cars, that are hightech and steps forward if i look to the Germans in the 80's / 90's? NSX first all aluminium built body and what a styling... S800, S600, S2000 real "rpm-engines"... all sportscars of them are a lot of fun to drive. My first Prelude (86) i always own today and i never will sell it. Never.

A L L ugly? Can't believe it... do not feel personally attacked - just my thoughts, when i read it.

Ugly are definitely my three "favorites:

1st - winner:

If this was top trumps, then the Ssangyong Rodius, would be the winning card......

wymiary-ssangyong-rodius-minivan.jpg

...and Actyon

2nd: those Nissan Juke-Thing. Terrible.

nissan-juke-nis_juk_10_1.jpg

3rd: the "i whised i am a offroad car but also i wish i have a fastback-for-door-body and wide, flat tires"- BMW series 5 GT

Who need those cars?

They were originally designed and marketed towards women. As admitted by ford.

I'm aware that 64/65 Mustangs were partially marketed towards women - and it worked, 50% of buyers in these years were women - (making them equally men's cars, right?). But things developed rapidly and that wasn't a typical women's car in Bullit.

And anyway, Mustangs simply aren't ugly, regardless of the owner's gender.

I am glad people are not basing things on personal bias and simply evaluating sound design principles :)

The guys who came up with the Aztec took "sound design principles," tore them into little pieces, smashed them with a hammer, and then flushed them down the toilet! :lol:

All you see drive them or woman and teenage girls so therefore there a girls car. Besides if it doesnt have a bowtie on it it isnt worth driving

OK, you win, I can't fight that sort of logic: Mustangs are girls' cars.

And having never owned a Chevy (nearest I came was a Daewoo) I can't dispute your bowtie claim either - but I guess you're right on that one too.

Back when I met my wife she had a '74 Mustang II coupe, orangy yellow with a black vinyl top. It looked like a boxed off retro version of the original '66 Mustang. When I drove it people would tell me it was a 'girls car'.

In 1991 when I was shopping around for my Geo Tracker, I wanted a convertible, the top model, the LSI with a 5 speed. 90% of all the Trackers on the lots had automatics. I had one salesman lose a sale by telling me I wouldn't find a 5 speed since this was a girls car and they all wanted automatics. Yes, I did find my yellow LSI with a 5 speed and air conditioning. And it's served me well all these years.

And as far as that Austin Allegro Vanden Plas Estate... can you have it shipped to me in Pennsylvania? I think it's actually interesting looking and would cause quite a stir if I drove it into a car show here.

Edited by Tom Geiger

Even he has referred to the Mustang as a "Secretary's Car" :P

Maby it was to pretty to be masculine? But what would people buy in 1964 (and a half) if they wanted a masculine and sporty image besides the Corvette? :) The styling from 67 onto 70 sure arent very girly imo.

All you see drive them or woman and teenage girls so therefore there a girls car. Besides if it doesnt have a bowtie on it it isnt worth driving

Wow, an educated statement from what must be a world traveler with years of life experience. Or a tween that hasn't even earned his driver's permit, I'm not sure.