Model Cars Magazine Forum

How old are you??

Well to follow the others theme

I was 2 when this thing rolled off the assembly line

69fj55.jpg

Since you would have to be a big fan of the Iron Pig to really get the year, I'll give you a hint, the truck is almost a 70 (and its not a JEEP!!!!! :twisted: )

If anyone is around Johnstown PA, I was born in 1977, one of our many floods! This Saturday I will turn 29! still under 30 though!

I don't know of any cool cars that came out in 77' but I was 7 when my beloved Fiero was introduced and 10 when the one I own was out.

Later,

Mike

The car year, not the model year:

And if i could do it right, there would be a 57 nomad below. shucks

img006-vi.jpg

(looks ok to me!)

Hmmm...I took some numbers away after .jpg and let's see if it works...

Hey it does!

Guess what, trivia time...that photo was done with an old-school photo trick; at the last minute they had to change the wheels to match what was in the kit, the chrome wheels are actually from a B&W photo and applied to the color photo.

Guest zebm1

Well at least I don't feel like such an old fart anymore. I was born into SAC when it first started under General "Bomb 'em back to tha Stone Age" Curtis LeMay. Ah SAC stands for Strategic Air Command. I've got models, that I've had that are way older than Lyle's socks....a AMT Jr. Trophy Series Chevy Wagon in tha box for instance. Haven't yet figgered out how to import any pics into here, so I'll leave yall this website I found instead......<http://www.thevintageracer.com/historians_corner.htm>.....

lots of really kool photo albums of period race cars......how old am I, I'll be 58 next January. I buy them to build them, but I'm so far behind that God will never let me die. Enjoy life, it's all we've got.

Guest zebm1

Thanx for tha welcome son, ya know ifn yu were to invert that W Jairus, we culd be cuzins. :wink:

Now to finger out how yall's site werks.......Hawaii became a state? hmmmmm wasn't that tha year JFK was elected? :roll:

Zeb

Thanx for tha welcome son, ya know ifn yu were to invert that W Jairus, we culd be cuzins. :wink:

Now to finger out how yall's site werks.......Hawaii became a state? hmmmmm wasn't that tha year JFK was elected? :roll:

Zeb

You mean when Hawai`i was FORCED to become part of the United States?

(sense any resentment here?)

Heh, lived here for over forty years, I'm entitled, right?

Wait till I finish my book on it :-)

Hawaii became a state? hmmmmm wasn't that tha year JFK was elected?

If I recall correctly, Hawai'i became the 50th state in 1959. JFK was elected in 1960.

Gregg: I'd be very interested in such a book, since we have a similar situation...

Thanks,

Guest zebm1

Hey Gregg, we almost became neighbors. Back in 1962, when my Dad retired from tha Chair Force my Mom desparately wanted to retire to Hawaii. Seems she saw this movie called "Blue Hawaii". I remember my Dad saying that he'd already been there and beside Elvis didn't live there - we're going to Tampa. T'was tha beginning of tha ending of thet marriage. BTW Gregg how much does land go for these days, they dividing it up into square inches now? I seem to remember my Dad saying it was $100/square foot back then.