Model Cars Magazine Forum

Polar Lights Funny Car Kits

Dragline

Since it's been a while that I have bought kits and now I'm buying quite a few i noticed this. Are these currently out of production? Since everyone and their brother is making resin bodies for these chassis it stands to reason to keep these going. Of course that's not why they produced them in the first but they are clearly missing an opportunity. I just bought a couple of sealed kits off evilBay and they are no longer at the initial asking price I see. In fact, some people are asking STOOPID money for them in some cases. Those are not selling but it leads to me to believe these are no longer anywhere on shelves for retail sale.

It's a shame that we have to pay extra for kits that are of a recent vintage. They look like they will make excellent kit bashing fodder and I already have 3 bodies and decals coming from Slixx for the projects i am planning. I have a JJ car in the works and I also bought a Blue Max reissue [not the revell one, blech.....] as well as the Challenger from the old Soupy sales kit as well.

Can't get a line on a set of those Soupy Sales decals though. I have some vintage Dyno Don Mustang II decals of same vintage for trade if someone has those. Minty....

Bob F

I would think that with Auto-world/Round 2 leasing the tools and Tom Lowe(former head of Polar lights and other entities) at the helm we may see these get re-issued at some point.

But to answer the question, yes these have been oop for some time.

Chris

I would hope they bring this line back as these are by far the best kits for the buck. lots of options and really good quality moldings too...

I have about 40 of them now and could use more...

40 you say???........

You can model vintage funny's till the cows come home. I assume you got them when they were the correct price,? Ill wager you got a few deals as well.

Blast......... That's what I get for leaving the hobby for an extended period.

Dragline

40 you say???........

You can model vintage funny's till the cows come home. I assume you got them when they were the correct price,? Ill wager you got a few deals as well.

Blast......... That's what I get for leaving the hobby for an extended period.

Dragline

To be honest with you I have more than I'll ever build. Ive been away from the hobby for many years as well and only recently returned. I bought them from a now closed hobby shop along with a really good friend. We were buying them well below current market prices hence the reason I have so many. Plus if I see one at a show for a reasonable price I usually buy it.

Heres a few

DSC_1646.jpg

Indeed, more than you could build.. But clearly you have forsight and these will make fantastic trading fodder in the future. This the best representation of the Logghe chassis I have ever seen in styrene.

I have a few now so I'm happy.

LOOK at that pile though!

Perhaps we can trade in the future if you ever post something you need. I have my share of unbuilts...

Bob